Data from Second Measure drives core strategic decisions for our clients: how to invest multi-billion dollar portfolios, how to allocate nine-figure marketing budgets, and how to prioritize large partnerships and acquisitions.
Our business is growing rapidly and we need to ensure our systems can keep pace. We’re looking for an experienced infrastructure/devops/site reliability engineer to own the backend and all things scalability.
This is a greenfield opportunity. You’ll get to choose the tools and technologies and lay the groundwork for our next-generation infrastructure. Should we build on Mesos or YARN? Kubernetes or Amazon ECS? Should we orchestrate our data pipelines in Airflow? Optimize for GPUs or AWS Lambda? What’s our monitoring strategy? We have opinions, but, ultimately, this is your show to run.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build and own our next-generation backend systems and infrastructure.
- Build and lead a team of infrastructure engineers.
- Drive overall strategy for reliability, scalability, monitoring, and automation.
- Help drive engineering culture.
- You’ve spent 5+ years building and running mission-critical infrastructure.
- You’re language- and paradigm-agnostic (though we’re mostly Python with a bit of Scala today).
- You’re a proponent of infrastructure-as-code.
- You have extensive experience with high-scale and distributed systems.
- You have a strong grounding in CS fundamentals (though you may not have a CS degree).
- You think in terms of business problems rather than purely technical ones.
- You’re smart, passionate, and have a bias towards action.