SeatGeek Enterprise is paving the way for the future of ticketing by opening up the industry. With clients around the globe and, now, our first NFL & NBA teams, our Client Database Engineer will play a critical part in ensuring clients are set-up for long-term success.
Working from our NYC headquarters, you’ll be a part of our Implementations team and work cross-functionally with several internal teams to ensure data migrations of historical data run smoothly between legacy ticketing systems and SRO, our primary ticketing platform. Not only are you a SQL pro, but you also love to solve problems while collaborating with teammates.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze and understand legacy data thoroughly to standardize, clean, and prepare data for conversion
- Work in collaboration with our Israel & NY-based engineering teams to establish consistent data formats for translating and converting data as well as incorporate any new & unexpected data into specific conversion processes
- Develop and execute SQL queries to validate data to be converted, as well as work with SRO engineers to organize data post-conversion.
- Respond to client feedback in a timely and professional way
- Provide adhoc troubleshooting and support, and develop query-based custom reports
Who You Are
- Highly analytical. You grasp new material quickly and can understand complex data and models.
- A problem solver. You love working with large complex data sets and connecting all of the dots.
- Extremely organized. You have the ability to keep track of the small details while multi-tasking and managing different priorities and deadlines all at once.
- Excellent communicator. You are articulate, confident, and friendly. You can work cross functionally and collaboratively with team members across the globe.
- Flexible. Client services work can be spiky. At times, you’ll have to work outside of business hours
What You Have
- 3 to 5 years experience working in technical commercial software & database support/development
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with SQL and databases, including development and testing of scripts & queries. SQL Server experience a major plus.
- Proven ability and experience working on numerous, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Ability to accurately and comprehensively document work, including structures and processes
- A BA in a quantitative field preferred
- Experience and passion for the ticketing industry is a plus
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
Come Join Us!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.