Our app works well and people love SeatGeek: we're rated 4.8 stars with tens-of-thousands of reviews and we've been featured nonstop on the App Store since Feb 21, 2016, and with only 2 weeks of a gap since April 2013. We’ve also been featured numerous times for our simple and natural iMessage integration. Still, there's so much more to do. We're constantly improving our user experience, in-app ticketing, and event discovery, but there are many other ambitious projects on our roadmap. SeatGeek makes finding a great ticket easy, but the live event experience does not end there. That's where you come in.
Check out the app in the App Store. If you like what you see, and want to contribute, we'd love to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing
- Help define what mobile means for an entire industry (ticketing now is where photo sharing was before Instagram)
- Own the development of new features, from conception, through design and development, to release
- Work with, teach, and learn from other iOS engineers and other teams
- Collaborate with our design team to set new standards for app beauty and usability on iOS
We're Looking For Engineers Who
- Have spent at least one year building iPhone apps (our ideal candidate would have a bit more experience, but we don't want to exclude talented people)
- Are comfortable programming complex applications in modern Objective-C. Experience with Swift is a bonus!
- Enjoy handling plenty of responsibility and can see projects to completion with minimal help and intervention
- Have developed beautiful, useful apps that are live in the App Store
- Find satisfaction in details—we've noticed the best iOS engineers are as obsessed with pixels as they are with view controllers and NSSortDescriptors
- Care about building something that's used and loved by many
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded early stage company
- A culture where the product is king
- A monthly budget to spend on tickets to live events
- A laid-back, fun workplace with an endless supply of snacks/coffee/beer, frequent team lunches, and social jaunts organized by Eric Waller, our official Social Chair
- The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek, e.g. we've opensourced our a/b testing framework, Sixpack, our Redis-backed autocompleting service, Soulmate, and our Python string matching library, FuzzyWuzzy
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
Come Join Us!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.