We are looking for a talented data scientist to join SeatGeek’s Marketing Science & Analytics team in New York City. As a member of the team, your insights will shape strategy across important marketing functions such as user acquisition, retention, brand, and sponsorship.
You will dive into a sea of data to understand the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, the optimal marketing resource allocation, the unique dynamics of supply and demand in the ticketing marketplace, and differences in customer behavior across segments. This is your chance to help improve the world’s fastest-growing company in the live event ticketing space. As an essential part of data science team, you will not only learn from a team of exceptional analysts, product managers and machine learning experts, but also develop your financial literacy through substantial executive exposure.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead strategic marketing experiments; design test plans, obtain cross-functional alignment, perform analysis, and provide insights
- Apply marketing experimentation insights to daily campaign measurement and reporting; forecast impact and provide ongoing recommendations for optimization and efficiency
- Assess and develop new measurement solutions by applying your modeling skills, with a focus on channel interactions (i.e. Media Mix Modeling)
- Develop a deep understanding of customers and customer value using first-party and third-party data touchpoints/channel, promo usage, and purchase behavior.
- Establish key metrics for marketing channels and understand drivers of changes. Help set realistic performance targets
- Use your excellent communication skills to develop fantastic partnerships with performance channel managers, product and offline marketing on experimentation roadmap and design.
Who You Are:
- 3 or more years years of relevant applied experience with a degree or higher in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, or mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- Technical competence to perform advanced analytics and predictive modeling
- Coding skills (such as R or Python) and familiarity with the standard data science modeling toolkit
- Understand probability theory, causal inference, and experimental design, along with having used them in the real-world
- Experience with data extraction & visualization tools (SQL, Looker, ggplot/matplotlib or equivalent)
- A strong statistical understanding of online testing methodologies and metric development
- Bonus: Work experience with marketing, marketing analytics, customer analytics
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!