SeatGeek is looking for a Data Science Lead to join our Product Analytics team, focusing on our consumer products.
You will join a motivated team to be the go-to partner on experimentation and insights generation for SeatGeek’s Product teams. Your efforts will improve customer growth and engagement through analysis of SeatGeek’s product suite and user flows. As a senior contributor, you will help prioritize SeatGeek’s product development roadmap by building a data-driven understanding of our audiences and product-market fit gaps. Underpinning this work will be a collaboration with Engineering to implement well-defined taxonomies of SeatGeek’s product, ensuring analysis-friendly data production. Finally, you will partner closely with other leaders on the SeatGeek Data Team to improve our capabilities around data modeling, experimentation, causal inference, and data visualization. Accompanying this broad set of responsibilities is exposure to the highest levels of leadership at the company, and a chance to work at the nexus of data science and product development at the most innovative company in the live event space.
What You'll Do:
- Develop research questions and undertake data exploration to understand who our consumers are, how they get value out of SeatGeek, and where we can develop our product to bring greater value
- Propose what to build in the next roadmap and helping forecast and setting product team goals
- Work with the Data team to build lasting data modelling solutions of user behavior for analysis or to power production systems
- Define, evaluate, and monitor essential metrics. Understanding the causes of changes by overseeing essential product metrics and understanding the causes of changes in metrics
- Data Infrastructure: Working within RedShift, developing ETL frameworks to automate process, and develops BI dashboards using Looker and Amplitude.
- Contribute to the development of the Product Insights function and the wider analytics community at SeatGeek
What You Have:
- 5+ years of relevant applied experience with a degree or higher in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- Technical competence to perform advanced analytics
- Coding skills (such as R or Python)
- Experience with analytics and visualization tools (SQL, Looker, ggplot/matplotlib or equivalent)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- A statistical understanding of online testing methodologies and metric development
- An independent thinker,, able to take on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences
- Equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to encourage collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!