We believe design can be the competitive advantage for a company. We've set out to build the future of live events, and we want that future to be elegantly simple and easy to use.
We’re looking for an experienced, empathetic, and detail oriented designer to help us make live events more fan friendly. Your work will impact millions of fans each month. On a more personal note, your values and skill sets will help shape and evolve how we scale our user centric product development process and philosophy.
Product Design at SeatGeek
We’re 5 passionate, humble, and curious designers distributed across the globe. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and culture of craftsmanship. We believe collaboration is the key to our success, and that great ideas can come from anyone, regardless of experience, title, or background. We value maker time, asynchronous communication, lifelong learning, and taking time to relax and recharge.
What You'll Do
You’ll work closely with a cross functional team to advance user and business goals. As part of this process you’ll collaborate with product managers, engineers, and user researchers to:
- Gather qual and quant insights to make sure we’re working on the right problems
- Define user centered problem statements to bring clarity to what we’re trying to accomplish and why it’s important to fans
- Conceptualize and design solutions that push forward user and business goals
- Conduct usability tests and research to validate our hypotheses and increase the chances that what we build makes an impact
- Produce high fidelity deliverables that obsess with implementation ease just as much as pixel-perfection
- Create and maintain design systems to ensure consistency and high quality experiences across all our products
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of product design experience
- You have experience and interest in working on a distributed team
- You have 4+ hours of overlap with a 10am-6pm EDT workday (US East Coast)
- You have been part of a successful cross functional and output oriented team
- You get just as excited about defining the problem as you do about exploring solutions
- You value lifelong learning and are always looking for new ways to learn and grow
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to encourage collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!