Here at SeatGeek, we believe in our team being a key unfair advantage and building the best possible workplace. We’ve been voted a best place to work in NYC, Oregon, and by Glassdoor, and we’re looking for an HR Manager to help us scale our operations even further.
Reporting into our Director of People, you’ll serve as a People Operations leader for our US-based offices. You’ll be a thought partner in providing innovative approaches and solutions and be a trusted advisor to our employees.
What You’ll Do
- Be an expert on all things HR for our US-based employees
- Provide transparent information to SeatGeek employees about processes and expectations
- Work with our global HR team to improve process across things like performance management and diversity and inclusion
- Anticipate challenges and discuss and address challenges before they arise
- Socialize and provide feedback channels for HR programming effectiveness
- Be the in-office point of contact for managing escalated HR issues
What You Have
- 5+ years of direct experience driving programmatic change, preferably with a high-growth tech company
- BA (or higher) degree in HR or related field
- Experience working on or with a global team
- Experience with an HRIS. It’s a plus if that experience is with Ultipro
- In-depth understanding of HR best practices and employment regulations
- Superb people skills. You are a natural communicator who is able to handle sensitive information with utmost compassion and discreteness
- Self-directed and relentlessly curious. You love teaching yourself new things and have an active interest in startups and technologies
- PHR certification is preferred
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to promote collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- An emphasis on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!