Ticketing is a complex, historically opaque industry with a unique set of challenges. At SeatGeek, we aim to open ticketing with fresh technology, thoughtful interfaces, and an above-all-else focus on our users.
We’re looking for an experienced researcher to accelerate ongoing research efforts, formalize best practices, and scale insights gathering across our product, engineering, and design teams. You’ll be the first full time researcher and help us evolve our insights gathering processes as we scale. You’ll be an integral part of our product strategy setting process and help ensure we continue to focus building the right thing in addition to building the things right.
What You’ll Do
- Rely on quantitative and qualitative research methodologies to help us better understand users
- Distill and communicate research results to both specific teams and SeatGeek at large to help magnify the impact of the findings
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects
- Promote tools and best practices to enable product managers, designers and developers to conduct research
- Collaborate to prioritize research opportunities in a rapidly changing environment
- Build empathy across the organization to help us stay true to our consumer advocate company values as we grow
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years of working as a UX Researcher at a startup or similarly fast-paced technology company
- You are just as excited about educating and empowering colleagues to perform their own research as you are about executing research yourself
- You have experience with common research methodologies such as usability studies, 1:1 interviews, benchmark studies, surveys, etc.
- You are comfortable quantifying research result
- You have integrated and expedited user research into a product design and development process without being a bottleneck
- You clearly synthesize findings in an engaging and inspiring manner
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to encourage collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!