SeatGeek is a product-centric organization that deploys code into production multiple times per day. The SeatGeek application stack is built in the microservice architectural style. As we grow, the scale of our infrastructure and operating environment will continue to increase, so we need creative/anything-is-possible types to help us stay ahead of that challenge.
As a Platform Engineer you will manage the performance and stability of SeatGeek's production systems. You'll work with engineers on the product, data, and ops teams, to understand and anticipate our engineering needs. Reliability is essential as we continue to grow our primary ticketing platform and support clients such as the Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, and Manchester City FC.
What You'll Do
- Design, build and maintain our always evolving platform, infrastructure, and services that run SeatGeek
- Teach and collaborate with others how to run production systems with autonomy
- Support teams with expertise in the areas of deployment, infrastructure configuration, and scalability in all parts of the stack
- Apply modern software engineering practices including writing and reviewing code
- Implement and improve deployment solutions across macOS, Windows, and Linux
- Participate in on-call schedule
Who You Are
We want to emphasize that we don’t expect you to meet all of the below but would love you to have experience in at least one area:
- Passion for software craftsmanship and product. You have well-considered opinions about how software should work, and hold yourself and your code to a high standard
- AWS Experience
- Linux/Windows Systems Experience
- Experience with VMs, containers, and serverless compute platforms
- Experience with networking, CDNs, HTTP, and TCP/IP basics
- Experience with operating systems, configuration management, and "Infrastructure as Code"
- A focus on improving system architecture, diagnosing bottlenecks and implementing recommendations based on the analyzed evidence
- Ability to work with unfamiliar code bases, including internal, open source, and 3rd party code we depend on
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!