As the Director of Pricing Strategy on the Inventory Team, you’ll be a trusted specialist - making an improvement by supporting us with sound operational and financial decision-making. Reporting directly to the VP of Inventory, you’ll manage the short-term decision-making and long-term planning of the marketplace pricing implemented at SeatGeek.
You are an experienced pricing professional with marketplace experience that wants to merge your passion for live events and entertainment with your financial knowledge to make a big impact for SeatGeeks partners and clients. You have a love of sports and music and work well in a flowing team environment. In addition to possessing the financial mind needed to build on the day-to-day, you will need to demonstrate a creative approach in the development of proprietary tools.
What You'll Do
- Build pricing strategies and explore opportunities for growth across the business
- Develop pricing tests across multiple genres
- Establish and understand industry trends with regards to marketplace pricing
- Translate market data and insights into a digestible and actionable format.
- Collaborate with Data Science and other cross-functional colleagues on analysis of opportunities.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to develop pricing tools and promotions across segments and markets
What You Have
- 5 years of professional experience with 2 years minimum in a related technical field (consulting, strategy, analytics, finance, pricing, revenue management).
- Can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics.
- Collaborative personality with the ability to build relationships both within the team and across the organization to achieve results.
- Excel and SQL skills and a familiarity with visualization tools like Tableau and Looker.
- B.A/B.S. required, MBA is a plus
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to promote collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- An emphasis on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!