We are looking for an expert finance systems engineer to help design, build and lead a new financial systems engineering team at SeatGeek. This team will boost data quality and empower insights across the entire company, enable our strategic finance team to predict and adapt in real time.
You will be the leader tasked with building a data management platform that accurately records, controls, and transforms financial data for posting to our financial systems. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to shape our finance systems from the ground up- guiding their technical design and vision from inception into best-in-class, SOX compliant applications. Your work will help bridge the gaps between these services and will integrate financial data from our various enterprise and consumer facing product offerings into a single system-of-record.
What You'll Be Doing
You’ll have the resources and support of the larger SeatGeek Product team, but will be specialized with a focus on building and scaling our internal financial systems. This includes:
- Using your extensive experience, creativity and technical rigor to build a best-in-class financial systems architecture
- Partnering with our Business Systems, Accounting, Data Science and Checkout teams to design and deliver software that meets the needs of our rapidly scaling business
- Delivering clean and efficient solutions which eliminate operational risks and manual procedures
- Actively help in building out the finance systems engineering team, and be a strong mentor and leader for the team
What We're Looking For
- 8 or more years of experience building, testing, and maintaining software
- Experience building custom financial or accounting systems is required
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines is required
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and financial transactions is preferred
- Experience leading a team tasked with financial systems engineering is preferred
- Knowledge of a broad range of development languages and platforms, with a special emphasis on relational databases
- Commitment to your teammates and stakeholders. You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different experiences and take pride in mentoring and learning from others
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!