We believe, at the risk of sounding immodest, that we have built one of the best consumer software teams in New York. We're looking for an experienced manager and leader who can help us scale up our development operation and empower our ridiculously talented team to build the ticketing platform of the future.
SeatGeek is a product-centric organization that deploys code into production multiple times per day. As we grow, the scale of our technical challenges - and their effect on our customers - continues to increase. We want to ensure we continue to build the best product we can.
What You'll Do On the People Side
- Manage a high-performing team of engineers.
- Provide regular job performance feedback , hold one-on-ones, and provide career development support to your direct reports.
- Train and mentor the more junior engineers on best practices.
- Play an active role in our recruiting process, helping us to grow our engineering team in any way you can.
What You'll Do On The Technical Side
- Perform code reviews and provide technical and design feedback to the team.
- Participate in planning cycles, and help us keep our priorities in order.
- Communicate technical and product decisions to the right people, resolve blocking issues, and keep our development machine humming.
- ...and if you have any free time after doing all of that stuff, writing code is always a good way to stay sharp!
What We're Looking For
- At least eight years of experience
- Irreproachable technical skills. Your team should look up to you as a mentor.
- Knowledge of industry technology trends. You can help your team make good tooling and framework decisions that will set them up for success.
- At least five years of experience as an engineering manager of productive, motivated teams.
- Terrific communication skills. You understand how to lead by setting context.
The Tools We Use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious.
- Languages: Python (our primary language), C#/.NET Core, Go and PHP
- Datastores: MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch
- Server: Nginx, Tornado and flask for Python, all running on AWS
- Monitoring: InfluxDB/Telegraf/Grafana
- Version control: Git
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to promote collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- An emphasis on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!