The Payments and Risk team is passionate about improving our member experience and keeping our marketplace safe by preventing fraud and violations of policy. They maintain the safety of the SeatGeek platform and improve the buying and selling experience for our users.
We’re looking to grow our team by adding a Trust & Safety Agent who is experienced with investigating tricky situations and making recommendations to improve.
You'll be on our seller team, which builds a marketplace of amazing vendors on the SeatGeek platform. You'll report to our Sr. Manager, Risk Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze high-risk transactions to prevent suspicious activity.
- Monitor seller accounts to maintain safety on the SeatGeek platform.
- Maintain both our payments and content risk models within third-party systems.
- Assess risk for both casual and high-volume sellers to ensure smooth transactions on the SeatGeek platform.
- Partner closely with members of our marketplace and resolve onboarding and payout issues, as well as KYC (or “know your customer”) related outreach.
- Communicate trends and analysis to the larger team to improve awareness.
- Stay informed on trends in the industry to help SeatGeek stay proactive.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 1-2 years experience in an e-commerce environment, KYC, customer service, or trust and safety experience a plus.
- You should be a strong communicator, both in person and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills. Knowledge of SQL a plus!
- Experience dealing with vendors or third-parties a big plus.
- We are SQL junkies, and hope you are too. Other programming languages are helpful, but not necessary.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Available to work on weekends.
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A laid-back, thoughtful workplace with an endless supply of snacks/coffee/beer, frequent team lunches, and team events
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- Citibike, Spotify, Headspace memberships
- 20 days of paid time off
Come Join Us!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.