Data-driven decision making has always been important at SeatGeek. Our Analytics team helps drive strategic decision-making by providing meaningful business insights from data.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing team who can ensure the most relevant information is surfaced to each team to allow for well informed decisions. If you’re a well-rounded, business-savvy, technically capable analyst with SQL chops and a knack for figuring out complex systems fast, we’d love to talk with you.
What You’ll Do
- help drive strategic decision-making through detailed analysis, insights and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs) and financial results
- investigate positive and negative trends in a wide array of business processes
- collaborate with departments across the company to understand needs while effectively prioritizing incoming requests
- work with engineers and other source data experts to clean up messy data sets
- continually improve visibility into benchmarks across the company
- create and maintain world class dashboards and data models in our BI platform, Looker
Who You Are
You love digging through mounds of data, but your understanding of what is relevant and your ability to communicate results in a concise way separates you from the pack. You look forward to open discussions around the “gray” area of business decisions, but aim to narrow that area with data driven insights as much as possible. You take pride in proactively providing data, analysis and findings in a collaborative manner. You also have many of the following:
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience analyzing large and complex data sets, working with relational databases and writing SQL
- a degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or another quantitative field
- advanced working knowledge of SQL, perhaps with a side of Python or R
- a keen sense of design, both in data architecture and dashboard presentation.
- knowledge of the transactional marketplace business model or consumer facing e-commerce products (bonus for mobile-first!)
- A culture that places the product first. We are a technology company at heart, and are proud of the idea that great technology drives great user experience
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!