We’re looking for an experienced, creative engineer to help build and scale our financial systems. You will play a key role in building a data management platform that accurately records, controls, and transforms financial data for posting to our financial systems, as well as a variety of other tools to enable our finance and accounting teams to effectively do their jobs.
Our applications are built in the microservice architectural style and we strive to use the best language for the task at hand. This means different parts of our stack leverage different languages. Your work will help bridge the gaps between these services and will integrate financial data from our various enterprise and consumer facing product offerings into a single system-of-record. As we expand our customer base into new markets the volume of transactions that we process will continue to grow immensely. Consistent, automated and auditable handling of this data will be paramount.
What You'll Be Doing
You’ll have the resources and support of the larger SeatGeek Product team, but will be specialized with a focus on building and scaling our internal financial systems. This includes:
- Working with various engineering teams to understand source data composition and structures
- Partnering with our Business Systems team to design and deliver software that meets the needs of our rapidly scaling business
- Delivering clean and efficient solutions which eliminate operational risks and manual procedures
- You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious: We use Python (Flask and Tornado), Go, C#, MySql, AWS, React, etc.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of experience building, testing, and maintaining software in a complex business environment
- Experience building custom financial or accounting systems is a plus
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines is a plus
- Knowledge of a broad range of development languages and platforms, with a special emphasis on relational databases
- Passion for software craftsmanship and product. You have well-considered opinions about how software should work, and hold yourself and your code to a high standard
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!