Ticketing is a complex, historically opaque industry with a unique set of challenges. At SeatGeek, we aim to open ticketing with innovative technology, thoughtful interfaces, and an above-all-else focus on our users.
As a UX Researcher at SeatGeek, you'll become an integral part of our product team, helping us better understand our users’ needs, motivations, and pain points to make sure we’re doing as much as we can to make fans happier and push the industry forward.
What You’ll Do
- Rely on quantitative and qualitative research methodologies (usability studies, 1:1 interviews, focus groups, benchmark studies, surveys, etc.) to help us better understand users
- Effectively synthesize and communicate research results to both specific teams and the company at large to help magnify the impact of the findings
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects
- Evangelize tools and best practices to enable product managers, designers and developers to independently conduct research
- Work cross-functionally to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Build empathy across the organization to help us stay true to our consumer advocate company values as we grow
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years of working as a UX Researcher at a startup or similarly fast-paced technology company
- You have experience with common research methodologies such as usability studies, 1:1 interviews, focus groups, benchmark studies, surveys, etc.
- You are comfortable quantifying research results and impact
- You have experience integrating user research into a fast-paced product design and development process without being a bottleneck
- You are an excellent communicator and have a track record of clearly synthesizing findings in an engaging and inspiring manner
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
Come Join Us!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.