We're looking for folks who are smart, curious, and love building web apps. Most of our current team is pretty full-stack capable, so we don't have particular holes we're trying to fill. Rather, we need to expand our team so that we can deal with the challenge of constantly improving a site that already serves millions.
SeatGeek is a product-centric organization that deploys code into production multiple times per day. Our application is built in the microservice architectural style and we strive to use the best language for the task at hand. As we grow, the scale of our technical challenges - and their impact on our customers - continues to increase. We want to make sure we continue to build the best product we can.
What We're Looking For
- Experience building web apps. The more the merrier. We'll be most interested in checking out what you have built.
- Passionate about web apps and code: You are opinionated about how software should work, inside and out.
- Expert with at least one language (French does not count), and good with several others.
- Commitment to your teammates. You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different experiences and take pride in mentoring and learning from others
The Tools We Use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious. Tools can be learned, so we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language.
- Languages: Python (our primary language), C#/.NET Core, Go and PHP
- Datastores: MySQL, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch
- Server: Nginx, Tornado and flask for Python, all running on AWS
- Monitoring: InfluxDB/Grafana, Graylog, DataDog & PagerDuty
- Version control: Git
- Clientside: we make heavy use of React/Redux on the frontend
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to encourage collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, and meditation services
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!