Seated is a mobile app that rewards consumers for dining out, ordering pickup or getting delivery from the best local restaurants. Seated is the first dynamic pricing platform for restaurants—we help fill their seats while providing members incredible rewards to top brands and unique experiences.
Here at Seated, we strongly believe that restaurants are a vital part of our community. Through best-of-breed technology, our mission is to help ensure their continued success as they provide amazing meals and one-of-a-kind experiences. We currently drive demand to over 1,000 restaurant partners across 5 US markets, helping to grow both their dine-in and online order sales. For each meal enjoyed, our members earn rewards to top brands like Uber, Sephora, Target, Amazon & CB2, building a loyal member community to support our local restaurant partners.
We’re a team of entrepreneurs, small business lovers, restaurant enthusiasts, hackers, developers and functional experts all passionate about using technology to push the restaurant world to a new frontier. Backed by Insight, Craft, Rho and Greycroft, we’re expanding quickly and looking for talented and ambitious people to embark on the journey with us. If you have the curiosity & passion to drive our mission together, we would love to hear from you.
About the Role
You will be responsible for building and overseeing Seated’s Analytics strategy and driving a culture of data-driven decision making. In this newly created role, you will manage a team of Analysts who will support and advise each major business function. Your team will help power every key business initiative, inform the product roadmap, and identify new business opportunities based on data insights.
To be successful in this role you will be solution-oriented, curious, and motivated by making mission-critical decisions. You will have a passion for developing and leading a team that is able to translate complexity into meaning and action across Seated’s 3-sided marketplace. You will be able to function at 10,000 ft as well as in the weeds, and relish an intellectually challenging, fast paced environment. This role will report directly to the CEO and have a starting team of 3 direct reports. We have reopened our office in New York, being located in NYC is preferred but we are open to remote locations.
What you’ll do
- Serve as primary point person for all analytics-related requests across the business while identifying overarching data needs
- Provide thought leadership on data to help us make better business decisions for our Restaurants and Members
- Partner with our CTO and data team to ensure our data warehousing and infrastructure can support the growing business analytical needs and maintain a strong data governance practice
- Partner with Product and Marketing to surface areas of opportunity and define success criteria for new features and campaigns
- Define and own ongoing and deep-dive reporting across key areas, including overall business forecasts, conversion funnel, and operations
- Manage a team of high performing analysts who each support a key area of the business
- Effectively prioritize the efforts of the team to drive the most short and long term impact
- Enable cross-functional teams to monitor KRs and self-serve on critical, ongoing data needs, e.g. by creating dashboards
- Help the team to streamline activities and evolve outputs by finding and adopting the right tools for the job
What you’ll bring
- 10+ years working in data and analytics, with at least 3 years of experience managing one or more teams
- Innate ability to cut through complexity and clutter to find the core problem and efficiently deliver the best solution
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem- solving, and critical thinking skills
- A product mindset: an ability to identify the ideal prioritization of analytic efforts that will yield the highest leverage for the organization.
- Tons of experience in helping evolve a culture of data in a company and convincing others through clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- A passion for building and evolving teams and individuals
- Experience with data visualization software and statistical analysis
- Mastery of SQL and proficiency with scripting/computing languages such as Python and/or R as well as Experience working with different types of databases
- Experience working in a Marketplace is a big plus
What you’ll get
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Generous 401(k) Matching
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Pre-Tax Flexible healthcare spending account (FSA), Dependent Care FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- $100 monthly Seated allowance (dine on us)
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
At Seated we welcome passionate people from all backgrounds, helping us make dining experiences more accessible & rewarding. If you have the curiosity & passion to drive our mission together, we would love to hear from you.