Seated is an app that rewards you for dining out. Users can browse restaurants based on their location, preferences or mood and book either as walk-in or reservation. The Seated mobile app, powered by robust microservices architecture, provides a convenient way to upload receipts, verify spend and reward users. The Seated platform further allows users to spend rewards on in-person experiences such as wine tasting & cooking classes or redeem rewards for gift cards from a wide variety of brands such as Uber, Amazon, Target or SoulCycle.
We are a fast-paced & innovative engineering team passionate about using data to improve the dining experience for our customers. To keep up with the rapid growth in diner demand, we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Data Platform & Infrastructure team. The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing and scaling real-time streaming and batch processing data systems. You’ll also play a critical role in building and scaling Seated’s novel data platform, which powers insights about our marketplace and enables us to continuously evolve our offerings to both customers and restaurants.
We treat our data as a product at Seated, so you will have the opportunity to work across engineering and business teams to ensure we can provide the right solutions to the unique challenges we face. In your role, you will be a key player in a multi-functional team that has a direct and measurable impact on Seated's platforms & consumer applications.
What you’ll do
- Work across Seated teams to tackle data challenges behind key business objectives.
- Build and own the data platform that powers our batch and event-driven steaming.
- Improve the scalability, efficiency, and robustness of both relational and analytical DBs.
- Develop automated solutions that improve our data quality and governance.
- Work with our machine learning infrastructure and support our analytical endeavors.
- Learn about the complex workflows that improve the dining experience for our users.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelors in CS, Engineering, Math, Statistics, or technical discipline; Masters preferred
- 2+ years of industry experience, preferably at a consumer facing technology company
- Strong theoretical understanding of relational, NoSQL, and columnar databases as well as data warehousing design and alternative storage techniques
- Proficiency in SQL to work with and manipulate data
- Strong programming skills, specifically with Python, Java, or Go
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms, specifically as it relates to database and streaming technologies
- Experience with cloud technologies and serverless architecture, specifically on AWS
- Experience with streaming, batch processing, and workflow orchestration (Spark, Kinesis, Cadence, Airflow, etc.)
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with data preparation and feature engineering for machine learning
- Experience deploying machine learning models into a production environment
- Understanding of MLOps best practices
What you’ll get
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Generous 401(k) Matching
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Pre-Tax Flexible healthcare spending account (FSA), Dependent Care FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- $100 monthly Seated allowance (dine on us)
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company