Seated is a mobile app that rewards consumers for dining out, ordering pickup or getting delivery from the best local restaurants. Seated is the first dynamic pricing platform for restaurants—we help fill their seats while providing members incredible rewards to top brands and unique experiences.
Here at Seated, we strongly believe that restaurants are a vital part of our community. Through best-of-breed technology, our mission is to help ensure their continued success as they provide amazing meals and one-of-a-kind experiences. We currently drive demand to over 1,000 restaurant partners across 5 US markets, helping to grow both their dine-in and online order sales. For each meal enjoyed, our members earn rewards to top brands like Uber, Sephora, Target, Amazon & CB2, building a loyal member community to support our local restaurant partners.
We’re a team of entrepreneurs, small business lovers, restaurant enthusiasts, hackers, developers and functional experts all passionate about using technology to push the restaurant world to a new frontier. Backed by Insight, Craft, Rho and Greycroft, we’re expanding quickly and looking for talented and ambitious people to embark on the journey with us. If you have the curiosity & passion to drive our mission together, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for our very first Trust and Safety Manager to join our Member (users) side of the marketplace. As the first Trust and Safety Manager you will take our current fraud policies and develop a fully fledged ‘Trust and Safety’ program for Seated. Taking us from being reactive to being proactive, you will create and own our policies, procedures and KPIs for fraud, risk and trust and ensure our wider business understands and lives by them for our Members. Over time you will create a ‘GMV target’ for losses and ensure the business keeps within it and help to reduce it wherever possible. You will report to the Senior Manager of Member Operations and build a team over time (starting with a Fraud Associate).
To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter who can jump in without being asked, see the big picture but pay close attention to the details and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills. You are a natural leader and problem solver, who excels in a fast paced environment, can create structure in ambiguous spaces, and can influence cross-functional teams to drive solutions. You will have experience working in a Marketplace and owning KPIs for fraud. You will know how to identify and nullify fraud and know how to develop unique solutions to all different fraud scenarios.
We have recently opened an office in Manhattan and our teams are currently working in a hybrid model. We would prefer this person to be based in New York but we are open to remote locations.
What You’ll Do
- Define, measure, and own Fraud prevention KPIs for the Member Operations team
- Develop and maintain standardized fraud reporting, dashboards and charts to be used to identify new and ongoing trends
- Identify and communicate new fraud scenarios and product/process gaps to Product and Engineering and assist with remediation and process improvement
- Build out the team and provide strategic direction and oversight for fraud associates focused on fraud detection
- Provide coaching and feedback to ensure the team maintains a high level of productivity and quality.
- Observe receipt submissions and user behavior to identify and address high risk activity such as account takeover, referral fraud, friendly fraud, and similar risks
- Develop appropriate member policies and agent workflows to address fraud trends
- Monitor various fraud detection tools and security alerts to identify potential risk and/or losses
- Develop Fraud Awareness throughout the organization
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of demonstrated success within fraud, compliance, or trust & safety organizations; BS/BA preferred
- Experience in creation and execution of fraud minimization plans
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Technical understanding and keen interest in how fraud works within digital technologies, different methods of fraud and familiarity with current fraud detection and prevention technologies
- Understand the importance of excellent customer service, via telephone, email, chat and sms.
- Experience building fraud policies and monitoring performance throughout the organization
- Ability to drive new initiatives and proof of concepts with stakeholders, as well as assess requirements and project manage deliverables
What You’ll Get
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Generous 401(k) Matching
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Pre-Tax Flexible healthcare spending account (FSA), Dependent Care FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- We have an office in NYC with stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
At Seated we welcome passionate people from all backgrounds, helping us make dining experiences more accessible & rewarding. If you have the curiosity & passion to drive our mission together, we would love to hear from you.