Us and the role
Seated is an app that rewards you for dining out. Users can browse restaurants based on their location, preferences or mood and book either as walk-in or reservation. The seated mobile app, powered by robust microservices architecture, provides a convenient way to upload receipts, verify spend and reward users. The Seated platform further allows users to spend rewards on in-person experiences such as wine tasting & cooking classes or redeem rewards for gift cards from a wide variety of brands such as Uber, Amazon, Target or SoulCycle.
We are fast-paced, innovative & metric-driven, with a team who are passionate about delighting our customers. We are looking for a Data Engineer with proven experience in producing reporting, dashboards, visualizing insights and expertise in data analytics to join this newly data analytics team. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data modeling and processing along with the creativity to invent and customize when necessary using programming and technology platforms.
You will work with data scientists, engineers & product managers hand in hand to build insightful and efficient reporting solutions & data analysis. In your role, you will be a key player in a multi-functional team that delivers insights, having direct and measurable impact on Seated's platforms & consumer applications.
What you’ll do
- Work with product, engineering & business teams to deliver complex data analysis requests
- Visualize datasets across multiple databases & warehouses using tools such as Tableau, D3, Looker, etc.
- Build financial models & growth projections for new products and business initiatives
- Build ETL pipelines for regular reporting on business and operational KPIs
- Help business understand key trends by executing complex analysis via Tableau or ad-hoc SQL queries
- Coordinate within cross-functional teams such as engineering, product, marketing, customer experience for various data analysis needs
- Proactively build data and event-driven dashboard for real-time business operations and consumer insights
What you’ll bring
- Bachelors in CS, Statistics, Economics or Engineering, Masters preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on SQL experience
- 2+ years of experience in using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, PowerBI
- 2+ years of experience in building financial models, growth projections & ETL data pipelines
- experience either in R or Python and working with data warehousing solution such as AWS Redshift or Google BigQuery
What you’ll get
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Generous 401(k) Matching
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Pre-Tax Flexible healthcare spending account (FSA), Dependent Care FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- $100 monthly Seated allowance (dine on us)
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
At Seated we welcome passionate people from all backgrounds, helping us make dining experiences more accessible & rewarding. If you have the curiosity & passion to drive our mission together, we would love to hear from you.