About the Role:
Seated is an app that rewards you for dining out. Users can browse restaurants based on their location, preferences or mood and book either as walk-in or reservation. The seated mobile app, powered by robust microservices architecture, provides a convenient way to upload receipts, verify spend and reward users. The Seated platform further allows users to spend rewards on in-person experiences such as wine tasting & cooking classes or redeem rewards for gift cards from a wide variety of brands such as Uber, Amazon, Target or SoulCycle.
We are fast-paced, innovative and metric-driven, with a team that are passionate for delighting our customers. Whether you want to work with incredible product design, develop technology solutions for mobile applications, scale our microservices for millions of users, use AI for automation & fraud prevention or do something else awesome in between, we have a place for you.
As the Senior Software Engineer you will work with the software development team based in New York, you’ll help define technical standards and drive the architectural and engineering vision in a very dynamic environment. You’ll translate business needs into live features and partner directly with business owners who recognize the value of technology. You will have a strong voice in product design and ownership over coding, QA, and production support.
To be successful in this role you will have 5+ years of experience in developing and supporting software systems, as well as being a strong individual contributor with strong quantitative, analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
What you’ll do
- Actively participate in tech design for complex high-performance service-oriented architectures
- Develop reliable, fault-tolerant & distributed software solutions, ensuring global compatibility
- Work with business users to ensure understanding of the business process and proper implementation in software
- Scale backend systems & microservices for high throughput & low latency while running against rapidly expanding data sets
- Follows engineering best practices from coding, testing and performance perspective
What you’ll bring
- Bachelors in CS or Engineering, Masters preferred
- 5+ years experience in successfully shipping large scale engineering projects
- Ability to rapidly adapt to new technologies and concepts to productional business solutions & product designs
- In-depth knowledge of distributed database systems, big data architectures & scalable fault-tolerant caching solutions
- Hands-on development experience in Java or similar object-oriented programing language
- Experience developing low latency APIs and distributed RESTful Web-Services
- Experience & in-depth knowledge of Dockers, Kubernetes or similar container technologies
What you’ll get
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Generous 401(k) Matching
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Pre-Tax Flexible healthcare spending account (FSA), Dependent Care FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- $100 monthly Seated allowance (dine on us)
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
At Seated we welcome passionate people from all backgrounds, helping us make dining experiences more accessible & rewarding. If you have the curiosity & passion to drive our mission together, we would love to hear from you.