Who are we?
Sealed is a climate tech company on a mission to stop home energy waste and electrify all homes.
Sealed designs, manages, and finances home weatherization and electrification projects, making it easy and affordable for people to be more comfortable while using less energy. Our proven holistic approach can reduce energy use by 50% and takes a home completely off of fossil fuels with upgrades like high-performance insulation, air sealing, and heat pump HVAC. Our expert team designs the right solution, matches top-rated local contractors, and manages the project start to finish. Sealed covers the upfront costs, and we’re accountable to impact: if we don’t cut energy waste, we don’t get paid.
What will you do?
You will lead the establishment, growth, and execution of the internal accounting function for Sealed. The finance team at Sealed is in a scaling phase. You will be critical to the team moving from highly manual to as automated as possible and integral to ensuring financial information is moving through the organization cleanly and accurately. You will champion best practices and clean end-to-end processes.
In addition, you will ensure accounting accuracy, efficiency, and provide strong leadership to our growing core accounting business processes. Working closely with the CFO, you’ll be identifying the pain points and points of opportunity to then be created and implemented for financial controls.
What success looks like:
- Maintain detailed short-term cash forecasting using accounting and business systems
- Manage daily cash position to ensure all accounts are adequately funded
- Proactively seek out opportunities to implement improved processes, systems, and workflows to allow the Sealed accounting infrastructure to scale and move from highly manual to as automated as possible
- Produce complete, timely, and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Establish and maintain a system of internal controls of accounting and financial transactions
- Complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and analysis, including managing the complete accounting closing processes, journal entries, and account reconciliations
- Provide continuous cost control support to internal teams
- Maintain required schedules and documentation for tax filings and external audits
- Oversee all software & manual processes required to run the finance and accounting operations
- Support annual external audit
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience, including some public accounting experience preferred
- CPA certification
- Advanced skills in Excel; working knowledge of NetSuite (or similar ERP) and Vena (or similar FP&A software tools)
- Strong business acumen with ability to identify problems, propose solutions, and independently partner with key stakeholders to implement solutions; process improvement is especially important
- External audit experience
- Effective communicator with ability to communicate with all levels of organization and present to senior management
- Self-starter and team player who can work independently, stepping into the details as needed, and collaboratively with others cross-functionally
- Curious and innovative individual with a positive attitude and hands-on mentality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment; ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
The expected salary range for this role is $119,000 - $154,000. We’re eager to engage with all qualified candidates and consideration will be provided to experience and skill level.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits, including some focused on mental health and fertility treatments
- 401(k) plan
- Paid family leave
- Paid medical leave
- Home office set-up stipend
- Learning & development stipend
- Flexible work environment: work remotely from anywhere within the US or from our headquarters in NYC