Who are we?
Sealed is a climate tech company on a mission to stop home energy waste and electrify all homes.
Sealed designs, manages, and finances home weatherization and electrification projects, making it easy and affordable for people to be more comfortable while using less energy. Our proven holistic approach can reduce energy use by 50% and takes a home completely off of fossil fuels with upgrades like high-performance insulation, air sealing, and heat pump HVAC. Our expert team designs the right solution, matches top-rated local contractors, and manages the project start to finish. Sealed covers the upfront costs, and we’re accountable to impact: if we don’t cut energy waste, we don’t get paid.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, your efforts will be critical to ensure our monthly accounting and finance activities are supporting our growing business. You will help drive operational improvement and process efficiency as we grow and scale our finance team, including people, processes, and systems. You will ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded and ensure the accuracy of entries while gaining exposure to complex tasks associated with building a finance team.
What success looks like:
Month-end close and Financial Analysis
- Prepare GL journal entries and supporting documentation during the corporate monthly financial close.
- Assist in running timely and accurate close and variance analysis
- Assist the CFO and consulting Controller with performing balance sheet reconciliations during the corporate monthly financial close.
- Assist the consulting Controller with completing cash, income statement, and balance sheet forecasts as well as the annual budget
- Support analysis to improve forecast accuracy and operational decision making.
Accounts Payable and Purchase Orders
- Leverage Ramp to process all expenses, purchase orders, and invoices
- Assist in reconciling invoices to purchase orders, purchase requisitions, and receiving reports for goods and services (three-way matching).
- Ensure that appropriate sales tax is either included on the vendor invoice or tracked on a daily log to assist consulting Controller with the monthly accrual and payment.
- Review for the accurate coding and timely processing of invoices. Investigate and resolve all discrepancies associated with the processing of invoices.
- Ensure transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Proficient with ERP systems such as Netsuite. Experience with an AP system, such as Ramp, a bonus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial data.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels within the finance team.
- 2+ years of experience with some experience on a high-growth team
- Hands on experience with most of the following components of the monthly financial close process and interest in executing these functions at Sealed:
- revenue (and associated cost) recognition
- cash reconciliation
- accounts receivable
- prepaid expenses
- accounts payable
- accrued liabilities
- ERP experience, preferably NetSuite
- Experience with external auditors
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to follow up on pending issues and meet tight deadlines
- Meticulous and self-motivated individual with good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
The expected salary range for this role is $63,750 - $82,500. We’re eager to engage with all qualified candidates and consideration will be provided to experience and skill level.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits, including some focused on mental health
- 401(k) plan
- Paid family leave
- Paid medical leave
- Home office set-up stipend
- Learning & development stipend
- Flexible work environment: work remotely from anywhere within the US or from our headquarters in NYC