Who are we?
Sealed is a home wellness company on a mission to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and cleaner for the planet. We are transforming energy, finance and home improvement to deliver clean air and comfort with less energy. Sealed modernizes home heating and cooling with upgrades like insulation and HVAC technology. We match the right contractor, cover the upfront costs, and stand behind the work: we only get paid if your house saves energy. Sealed, one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021, is venture backed and headquartered in New York City. Learn more at Sealed.com.
What will you do?
Home improvement can be a hassle, but you will make sure getting your home Sealed is a breeze as the Contractor Partnership Manager. You and the Director of Contractor Management will ensure Sealed has a robust team of contractors ready to provide our customers with a delightful and seamless experience.
You will build and oversee a network of weatherization, HVAC, and other home improvement contractors that provide Sealed customers the best customer service journey possible. You will manage everything from recruiting, price negotiation, onboarding, and service level agreement enforcement.
In this cross-functional position, you will collaborate closely with sales, account management, and revenue operations leaders to reduce process friction and improve the accuracy and quality of our project scoping and installations.
Initially, you will be responsible for sourcing and managing 25-50 contractor relationships, including:
- Build and develop a pipeline of potential contractors to meet our significant growth demand.
- Source, recruit, negotiate, and net partnership agreements that reflect Sealed’s brand expectations.
- Onboard new Contractors, getting them up to speed on Sealed’s product and service standards, proprietary technology, and SLA’s.
- Support development and growth of Contractors throughout the Sealed network.
- Identify, performance manage, and replace low-performing Contractors in our portfolio as needed.
- Build forecasted contractor capacities within both mature and developing markets.
- Build a contractor community, share best practices, and retaining contractors via 1 on 1’s and Contractor Summits monthly and quarterly.
In addition, you will be responsible as the contractors’ primary contact, serving as their voice and advocate, ensuring they have a great experience throughout their partnership with Sealed, including:
- Actively monitoring market needs and demand vs. contractors’ capacity to minimize the impact on Sealed’s active sales pipeline.
- Establishing commitments to adhere to Service Level Agreements.
- Troubleshooting Contractor performance challenges and resolve.
- Upholding mutual Sealed and Contractor expectations.
What does success look like?
- A balanced contractor capacity that meets Sealed’s customer demand while maintaining consistent volume with individual contractors.
- Sealed customer projects are installed quickly, profitably, and at high-quality levels that generate high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Contractors proudly reference their experience partnering with Sealed.
- 5+ years of experience working with home improvement contractors
- Ability to identify market trends and forecast capacity vs. demand
- Proven experience in recruiting, onboarding, and managing contractors to a third party service of some kinds
- Prior experience in creating and presenting pitch decks showcasing our value proposition.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with general construction practices
- Experience in the HVAC industry
- Familiarity with government or utility programs, permitting or licensing
- Familiarity with CRM and scheduling software
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Paid family leave
- Flexible work environment: work from headquarters office in NYC or remotely from anywhere within the US