Who are we?
Sealed is a home wellness company on a mission to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and cleaner for the planet. We are transforming energy, finance and home improvement to deliver clean air and comfort with less energy. Sealed modernizes home heating and cooling with upgrades like insulation and HVAC technology. We match the right contractor, cover the upfront costs, and stand behind the work: we only get paid if your house saves energy. Sealed, one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021, is venture backed and headquartered in New York City. Learn more at Sealed.com.
What will you do?
Home improvement can be a hassle, but as the Contractor Manager, you will make sure getting your home Sealed is a breeze. You and the Director of Contractor Management will ensure Sealed has a team of contractors ready to provide our customers with a delightful experience.
You will build and oversee a network of weatherization, HVAC, and electrical contractors that provide Sealed customers the best customer service journey possible. You will manage everything from recruiting, price negotiation, and service level agreement enforcement.
In this cross-functional position, you will collaborate closely with leaders in Sales, Account Management, and Revenue Operations to reduce process friction, and improve the accuracy and quality of our project scoping and installations.
Initially, you will be responsible for managing 15-20 contractor relationships, including:
- Acting as contractors’ primary contact, serving as their voice and advocate, ensuring they have a great experience throughout their partnership with Sealed
- Actively monitor contractors’ capacity and subsequent impact on Sealed’s active sales pipeline
- Work with the Contractor Community Manager to train and onboard the contractors
- Establish commitments to adhere to Service Level Agreements
- Act as the primary point of contractor escalation related to relationship management and SLA adherence
- Support the Sealed Implementation team to address customer issues that involve contractor performance
In addition, you will be responsible for building additional contractor capacities within specific regions:
- Recruit, negotiate and get partnership agreements signed
- Identify and replace low performing contractors
- Identify capacity gaps in your designated regions
What does success look like?
- Balanced contractor capacity that meets Sealed’s customer demand while maintaining consistent volume with individual contractors
- Sealed customer projects are installed quickly, profitably, and at high-quality levels that generate high customer satisfaction ratings
- Contractors proudly reference their experience partnering with Sealed
- 5+ years of experience working with home improvement contractors
- Experience in recruiting, onboarding, and managing contractors to a third party service of some kinds
Nice to have
- Familiarity with CRM and scheduling software
- Experience in the HVAC industry
- Familiarity with government or utility programs, permitting or licensing
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Paid family leave
- Flexible work environment: work from headquarters office in NYC or remotely from anywhere within the US