Who are we?
Sealed is a home wellness company on a mission to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and cleaner for the planet. Sealed is transforming energy, finance and home improvement to deliver clean air and comfort with less energy. Sealed modernizes home heating and cooling with upgrades like insulation and HVAC technology. We match the right contractor, cover the upfront costs, and stand behind the work: we only get paid if your house saves energy. Sealed is venture backed and based in New York City. Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
Sealed is looking for a customer-centric logistical, systems-oriented leader to build and run the back-end operations for our sophisticated revenue organization. This is a critical cross-functional role at a company that is creating tangible positive impact and value for people and the planet.
As Director of Revenue Operations, your engine will support a simple and seamless experience for customers. You and your eventual team will form the connective tissue across multiple functions in the business 𐆑 marketing, sales and service. The systems and processes that you design and oversee will make life easier, more effective, and more efficient for our teams.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Oversee development, management and maintenance of all internal systems (Our stack utilizes many integrated platforms including Salesforce, Hubspot, Outreach, Formstack, Typeform, CallRail, Calendly, DocuSign and others)
- Coordinate with Engineering on identifying needs for custom software, integrating with revenue operations systems and processes
- Design and develop workflows, and conduct continuous training, primarily for customer-facing units: Marketing, Sales, Service and Support.
- Execute on business intelligence - reporting, dashboarding, analyses to drive decision-making at the most senior levels of management
- Develop appropriate quotas for Sales and Service functions
- Continually identify areas of friction in our day-to-day execution and ways to use process and systems to solve them
- Manage special projects (e.g. integration of new products)
- Oversee critical back-end operational activities that are integral to our customer journey, including energy history processing
- Manage existing team of one analyst and one external consultant, and build out the team required to execute on your vision
- 7+ years of work experience
- 4+ years experience in manager- or director-level positions responsible for revenue operations, system design and administration, logistics, and business intelligence
- Demonstrated impact on growth trajectory of a Series A-C stage business, ideally through each of these stages of growth
- Experience in high transaction volume business, e.g., 1000+ new customers per month
- Experience with direct-sales and support organizations (you have worked with a business that has humans as part of the machine)
- Experience selecting vendors to support revenue operations (deciding whether to build internally or use 3rd party tools)
- Experience creating and managing to KPIs and metrics
- Deep knowledge and use of revenue operations tech stack - Salesforce (admin experience), Hubspot (or similar), Outreach (or similar), Tableau (or similar)
- Advanced MS Excel skills
Nice to have
- Experience with complex consumer products, e.g., financial, insurance, home improvement, automotive
- Experience with or tangential to product management
- You can’t stand waste. Whether it’s energy waste or wasted leads, transforming waste to value is in your DNA
- A design and systems thinker: you are able to translate complex, interconnected activities into measurable, seamless software-enabled processes that are easy to engage with for users
- Sherlock-style of problem solver: you know the difference between a symptom and a cause, and how to get to the root of the problem before defining a solution
- An architect and a builder - you can imagine what you want to create, and don’t mind doing the hard work to bring your vision to life
- Extremely organized project / product manager
- Capable of turning large sets of data into actionable insights
- Hardworking, resourceful and gritty: when you have a goal, you find a way to meet it
- Constantly question the current status quo and relentlessly solve problems in order to drive continuous improvement.
- Desire to build something new
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits, paid parental leave
- We consider remote candidates, and are planning to have a flexible office environment post-pandemic. We prefer candidates who are either currently based near NYC or willing to spend time in the office post-pandemic