Who are we?
At Sealed, we’re unlocking comfort, value, and efficiency in aging homes—and transforming energy, finance, and home improvement along the way.
With Sealed, it’s easy and affordable to solve the problems that make houses too hot, too cold, and too wasteful. In partnership with energy utilities and certified contractors, Sealed finances key home improvements using the money homeowners currently waste on energy.
Homes are renewed from the inside out—all without increasing homeowners’ monthly bills. Upgrades like HVAC, insulation, air sealing, and smart home technology transform the way a home feels and functions. Sealed coordinates projects from beginning to end, and we stand behind our work. If we don’t reduce a home’s energy use, we don’t get paid.
Sealed is backed by a $5 billion global investment firm and has major partnerships with large utility companies like Con Edison.
Based in New York City, Sealed was founded by Lauren Salz (CEO, Forbes 30 under 30, former McKinsey) and Andy Frank (President, energy efficiency veteran).
Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
Home improvement can be a hassle, but as Director of Implementation, you’ll make sure getting your home Sealed is a breeze. You’ll do the hard stuff, so our customers can just sit back, and get comfortable.
You'll build and oversee the team, process, and systems that deliver successful project implementations. Your team will manage everything from the day Sealed customers sign their agreement, to the day they receive their first bill: field verification, project scheduling, change order management, and completion paperwork.
In this cross-functional position, you’ll collaborate closely with leaders in Sales, Contractor Management, and Analytics to reduce process friction, and improve the accuracy and quality of our project scoping and installations.
Initially, you’ll be responsible for performing some or all of the Implementation functions yourself to build a foundational understanding of the execution required for scale. Then, you’ll hire the team required to expand. Specifically, you and your team will be responsible for:
- Define, track, and beat implementation KPIs.
- Develop and execute implementation growth strategy across geographies and products in concert with company goals and planning.
- Act as the first points of contact for customers, take care of them and ensure they have a great experience throughout their implementation journey.
- Manage all coordination between customers (post-sale) and contractor partners for field verification and installation activities.
- Adjust final project scopes with contractor partners based on field verification, and communicate required scope and/or agreement changes with appropriate involvement from the Account Executive team.
- Collect all required documents from customer and contractor partners pre and/or post installation.
- Schedule customer installations in coordination with contractor partners.
- Approve and coordinate project change orders during and post installation.
- Process final completion documents, and facilitate timely contractor payment authorization.
What does success look like?
- Sealed customer projects are installed quickly, profitably, and at high quality levels that generate high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Customers rave about the Sealed post-sale process, and see it as setting the top bar for home improvement experiences.
- Contractors proudly reference their experience partnering with Sealed.
- 5+ years of experience managing residential or small commercial sub- contractors for a growing construction company.
- 2+ years of experience in a role that interacts with customers in a sales and/or project management capacity
- Demonstrated record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Self-starter with an ownership mentality for all things installation-related.
- Experience building a team, including recruiting, onboarding, and managing.
- Managing construction crew leads.
- Based in the NYC metro area.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with CRM and scheduling software.
- Experience in the energy efficiency industry.
- Familiarity with government or utility programs, permitting, or licensing.
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits