Who are we?
At Sealed, we’re unlocking comfort, value, and efficiency in aging homes—and transforming energy, finance, and home improvement along the way.
With Sealed, it’s easy and affordable to solve the problems that make houses too hot, too cold, and too wasteful. In partnership with energy utilities and certified contractors, Sealed finances key home improvements using the money homeowners currently waste on energy.
Homes are renewed from the inside out—all without increasing homeowners’ monthly bills. Upgrades like HVAC, insulation, air sealing, and smart home technology transform the way a home feels and functions. Sealed coordinates projects from beginning to end, and we stand behind our work. If we don’t reduce a home’s energy use, we don’t get paid.
Sealed is backed by a $5 billion global investment firm and has major partnerships with large utility companies like Con Edison.
Based in New York City, Sealed was founded by Lauren Salz (CEO, Forbes 30 under 30, former McKinsey) and Andy Frank (President, energy efficiency veteran).
Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
As Sealed’s Director of Contractor Management, you are responsible for leading our transformative effort to scale high quality home efficiency installations. Sealed is the first company to remotely sell large home efficiency improvements, and a crucial ingredient to our success is mutually beneficial partnerships with high quality local contractors that install the projects that Sealed originates.
Sealed is also the first company to offer a performance-based financing program. You are therefore also responsible for ensuring that installations meet the highest possible quality standards to maximize energy savings in every home.
To meet these goals, you will take full responsibility for growing, training, and supporting our contractor partner network. Working alongside our service and sales teams, you will ensure Sealed has built the contractor partnerships necessary to match our sales capacity at any given time as well as negotiate pricing, define and enforce quality standards, minimize change orders, and achieve fast project turnaround times.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Recruiting new partners as Sealed enters new regions and expands sales capacity.
- Onboarding and training these new partners to meet Sealed’s standards for project process, customer responsiveness, and installation quality.
- Maintaining and strengthening the relationship with each contractor: ensure each feels heard and valued while consistently enforcing our standards in regard to quality, communication, and pricing.
- Improving project scoping verification and installation processes to reduce the lead times for customer visits and installations by each partner.
- Negotiating pricing with contractor partners to enable fair project costs based on geography, home types, project types, and demonstrated quality.
- Holding regular check-in meetings with each contractor.
What does success look like?
- A robust network of happy, responsive, and growing contractors that consistently meet Sealed’s quality, timing, and customer satisfaction standards.
- A first class installation process that is the envy of every contractor you speak with.
- Projects that are installed on time with rave reviews from customers.
- Customers that can feel a real difference in their comfort levels from the project installations.
- 5+ years of experience managing residential or small commercial contractors for a growing company.
- Willingness to be hands-on: you may visit the Sealed office, an attic and a contractor’s headquarters all within a single day.
- Self-starter with an ownership mentality for all things contractor-related.
- Based in the NYC metro area with flexibility to travel up to 30% of the time.
Nice to have
- Experience leading a team of contractor managers.
- Experience in the energy efficiency industry.
- Familiarity with government or utility programs, permitting, or licensing.
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits