Who are we?
At Sealed, we’re unlocking comfort, value, and efficiency in aging homes—and transforming energy, finance, and home improvement along the way.
With Sealed, it’s easy and affordable to solve the problems that make houses too hot, too cold, and too wasteful. In partnership with energy utilities and certified contractors, Sealed finances key home improvements using the money homeowners currently waste on energy.
Homes are renewed from the inside out—all without increasing homeowners’ monthly bills. Upgrades like HVAC, insulation, air sealing, and smart home technology transform the way a home feels and functions. Sealed coordinates projects from beginning to end, and we stand behind our work. If we don’t reduce a home’s energy use, we don’t get paid.
Sealed is backed by a $5 billion global investment firm and has major partnerships with large utility companies like Con Edison. Sealed has also secured a first-of-its-kind energy savings insurance policy from a Fortune 200 company, and has a $5 million credit facility with the New York Green Bank to finance the home improvements.
Based in New York City, Sealed was founded in 2012 by Lauren Salz (CEO, Forbes 30 under 30, former McKinsey) and Andy Frank (President, energy efficiency veteran).
Learn more at www.sealed.com.
What will you do?
As VP of Sales, you will take the helm of the rapidly growing sales team at the first company to successfully sell $10K home improvements over the phone. We expect that you will drive 15x revenue over the next 3 years. More specifically, you will:
- Build, organize, and lead all aspects of our rapidly growing inside sales organization (3 -> 17 reps in 2019) built on the Predictable Revenue model
- Recruit, train and ramp sales reps (currently 9 SDRs, 8 AEs)
- Mentor and coach current sales leadership team (Director of Sales, who currently oversees the entire team, and 1 SDR Manager)
- Identify weak points in the sales funnel and work to improve them
- Deliver weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecast reports
- Develop effective training to get sales reps to goal
- Co-develop and manage annual commission plans
- Achieve >80% monthly quota attainment
- Work cross functionally with Business Development, Marketing, Product, Service and Finance organizations as an an active member of our executive team
- Report directly to the Co-founder & CEO
Who are you?
- Strong understanding and experience with the Predictable Revenue model and full funnel
- Significant sales leadership experience (managed both high performing ICs and managers)
- Experience managing all roles within our sales model (SDRs, AEs, Managers, Directors, etc.)
- Consistently promoted within top-tier sales organizations
- Experience building something from the ground up
- Experience with a $10K average deal size with ~45 day sales cycle
- Comfortable managing team of >20, with a strong vision of how to build the team to >100
- Proven recruiting process to attract top talent
- Ability to coach people of varying levels of expertise
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits