Who are we?
At Sealed, we’re unlocking comfort, value, and efficiency in aging homes—and transforming energy, finance, and home improvement along the way.
With Sealed, it’s easy and affordable to solve the problems that make houses too hot, too cold, and too wasteful. In partnership with energy utilities and certified contractors, Sealed finances key home improvements using the money homeowners currently waste on energy.
Homes are renewed from the inside out—all without increasing homeowners’ monthly bills. Upgrades like HVAC, insulation, air sealing, and smart home technology transform the way a home feels and functions. Sealed coordinates projects from beginning to end, and we stand behind our work. If we don’t reduce a home’s energy use, we don’t get paid.
Sealed is backed by a $5 billion global investment firm and has major partnerships with large utility companies like Con Edison. Sealed has also secured a first-of-its-kind energy savings insurance policy from a Fortune 200 company.
Based in New York City, Sealed was founded in 2012 by Lauren Salz (CEO, Forbes 30 under 30, former McKinsey) and Andy Frank (President, energy efficiency veteran).
Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
Sealed is looking for an experienced, creative, and growth-oriented marketing leader to build and own the Lifecycle Marketing function with responsibility for the lead to contract marketing funnel. This is a great opportunity to help homeowners understand a new and exciting offer, at a company that is creating tangible positive impact and value for people and the planet.
As Director of Lifecycle Marketing, you will be responsible for designing and deploying the journeys that take homeowners from interest to evangelist. Joining our team of talented creatives from leading tech companies (Facebook/Instagram, Google), you report to the Senior Director of Marketing as her primary thought partner on customer lifecycle. You work will be the grease of an efficient customer acquisition engine for Sealed, driving us to fulfill our mission to retrofit millions of homes.
- Own vision, strategy and results for all existing and new lead nurturing and sales enablement programs including journeys, offers, distribution, and timelines
- Define and refine audience personas and segmentation
- Know and empathize with our audience: talk to homeowners, listen to sales calls
- Define customer personas and audience segments, map buyer journeys, and identify opportunities and strategies to engage at moments that matter
- Create and manage multi-channel marketing campaigns that activate potential buyers throughout all stages of their journey
- Analyze overall funnel conversion and campaign performance, and develop the optimization roadmap to achieve funnel efficiency and hit revenue goals
- Work closely with our talented design and copywriting team (former Facebook/Instagram, Google) to produce outstanding content for your audience
- Collaborate with Director of Service to design and launch the Sealed customer referral program, and to generate customer case studies and testimonials
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales to develop and improve content for leads actively engaged in the sales process: demos, talk cards, snippets
- Deliver regular reporting on your core KPIs, with thoughtful analysis to inform strategic decision-making
What success looks like?
Engagement KPIs on house lists are through the roof, and lifecycle marketing is contributing 10%+ of Sealed’s deal mix.
- 7+ years of work experience
- 4+ years experience in manager- or director-level positions responsible for lifecycle marketing, product marketing and/or content marketing, preferably with a consumer or SMB audience
- Demonstrated impact on revenue and growth trajectory of a Series-A stage business
- Experience building new nurture programs in-house leveraging diverse distribution mediums, with a particular specialty and demonstrated track record in email marketing
- Experience creating and managing to KPIs, with a track record of meeting qualified lead and revenue targets
- Demonstrated track record creating innovative audience engagement strategies and interactive content
- Experience creating and managing to KPIs, with a track record of meeting lead conversion and revenue targets
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge and use of marketing automation and reporting tools across marketing channels (e.g. HubSpot, Drift/Intercom, Outreach, Salesforce)
Nice to have
- Experience marketing large-ticket purchases or services to homeowners ($1,000+)
- You can’t stand waste. Whether it’s energy waste, or wasted leads, transforming waste to value is in your DNA
- A design and systems thinker: you envision an accessible experience that could take each of your audience segments to the next stage of their Sealed journey
- Both left and right brained, analytical and creative: you come up with wacky ideas for engaging your audience, but you base your ideas and execution strategies in data and analysis of real performance
- An architect and a builder - you can imagine what you want to create, and don’t mind doing the hard work to bring your vision to life
- A true empath: you can imagine yourself in the position of another, even if you’ve never been there yourself
- Hardworking, resourceful and gritty: when you have a goal, you find a way to meet it
- Constantly question the current status quo and relentlessly solve problems in order to drive continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for visual presentation
- Desire to build something new
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits