Who are we?
At Sealed, we’re unlocking comfort, value, and efficiency in aging homes—and transforming energy, finance, and home improvement along the way.
With Sealed, it’s easy and affordable to solve the problems that make houses too hot, too cold, and too wasteful. In partnership with energy utilities and certified contractors, Sealed finances key home improvements using the money homeowners currently waste on energy.
Homes are renewed from the inside out—all without increasing homeowners’ monthly bills. Upgrades like HVAC, insulation, air sealing, and smart home technology transform the way a home feels and functions. Sealed coordinates projects from beginning to end, and we stand behind our work. If we don’t reduce a home’s energy use, we don’t get paid.
Sealed is backed by a $4 billion global investment firm and has major partnerships with large utility companies like Con Edison. Sealed has also secured a first-of-its-kind energy savings insurance policy from a Fortune 200 company.
Based in New York City, Sealed was founded in 2012 by Lauren Salz (CEO, Forbes 30 under 30, former McKinsey) and Andy Frank (President, energy efficiency veteran).
Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
Reporting directly to the Founder and President, you will fill a crucial leadership role at Sealed: you will lead the development and management of partnerships with utilities like Con Edison and other large companies and organizations, our most important brand partners and channels for reaching customers.
Partnership development is the lifeblood of Sealed’s growth strategy. Partnerships with large, established companies provide the means to reach customers in a scalable and cost-effective manner, with the backing of a trusted brand. You will be responsible for acquiring and managing these partnerships to enable Sealed to fulfill its mission to retrofit millions of homes.
Currently, Sealed works with four utility partners, and you will be responsible for adding and managing three to four additional marketing distribution partners per year.
As VP of Partnerships, you will:
- Acquire new marketing distribution partners and accelerate their growth
- Work with senior leadership to design and implement partnership development strategies with utilities and other potential distribution partners
- Be the internal voice of our partners: use your listening and critical thinking skills to identify areas of friction, and inform the necessary changes to our product and processes to enable successful partnerships
- Develop and manage a distribution partnership pipeline focused initially on utility partners that send marketing co-branded with Sealed to their customers
- Forecast the timing and customer volume resulting from new distribution partnerships
- Create templates for partnership reporting, tracking, and management
- Build relationships with existing partner stakeholders that enable you to anticipate their needs and provide value
- Design annual strategies with partners to achieve shared goals
- Manage the preparation of monthly update and quarterly reviews for partner accounts
- Coordinate with the Sealed marketing team to propose and execute on annual co-branded marketing plans with partners
What success looks like?
You have turned partnership development and management at Sealed into a predictable growth engine for the company. You have hit your partnership growth goals while forecasting accurately and consistently. Your partnership team is growing and thriving. Sealed’s partners are thrilled with our annual outcomes, and with the process and experience of achieving them together: they can’t wait to sign up for an expanded relationship next year. And they are shouting to the world about our shared accomplishments, so the broader industry is chattering about the best practices we are setting for scaling home retrofits as a clean energy solution.
- 6-10 years of work experience
- 2+ years of partnership development and/or enterprise sales to large, heavily layered and/or regulated industries
- 2+ years of experience managing strategic accounts, with large organizations as your clients
- Demonstrated track record of meeting partnership development and/or sales goals
- Demonstrated track record of managing the launch of complex projects
- Experience creating and managing to KPIs
- Proficient presentation creation skillset (PowerPoint and/or Keynote)
- Proficient excel skill set
Nice to have
- Experience with the utility industry
- Experience in management consulting
- Educational background related to energy / environment
- Assertive but respectful personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable asking hard questions to identify pain points
- Extremely organized with task management and planning
- Natural instinct to develop potential solutions when problems are identified
- Comfortable challenging internal and external stakeholders when necessary
- Desire to build something new
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits