Our Mission at Scythe
Field Service Engineer at Scythe
Scythe is looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our Field Service team to help troubleshoot and maintain our fleet of autonomous robots supporting the next chapter in Scythe's journey: ramping from dozens of units to tens of thousands. We've developed an industry-changing machine and have customers knocking down our door for units, so we're looking to scale our production quickly and get thousands of reliable autonomous machines out into the world where they can change how we take care of all our outdoor space.
You'll be directly responsible for vehicle troubleshooting (both on site and remote), developing documentation, and overall fleet health and availability at Scythe. Many processes need to be developed from scratch and you'll be expected to deliver creative, novel solutions as well as getting hands on with the vehicles in the process. You'll be expected to work closely with our hardware engineers, manufacturing teams, field technicians, supply chain personnel, and customer success groups to ensure we are maintaining an acceptable level of risk across the fleet.
This is not a remote position. The preferred candidate is ready and willing to travel and be onsite at locations where vehicles are currently deployed in the US.
Ability to travel up to 40% of the year to various customer deployment sites within the US.
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Provide hands on support (both on location and remote login) to troubleshoot, establish root cause, and perform the various types of maintenance activities required to keep the fleet healthy
- Hands on time with our robots in the field with our technician team as well as our customers
- Develop processes from scratch to maintain our large fleet of autonomous vehicles including predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance
- Develop and employ a strategy to actively monitor our entire fleet using live data streaming from the vehicles
- Create standard work procedures for maintenance and repair activities and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion according to defined schedules
- Create standard troubleshooting documentation that can be easily interpreted by our field service team.
- Measure key performance indicators (KPIs) for the fleet's health to inform business decisions in real time
- Create and manage dashboard(s) via Tableau and/or Grafana which measure(s) the overall fleet health metric
- Strong technical communication and cross functionality with various teams within the organization (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Cust Ops, HW/SW)
- Minimum of 2+ years of related experience in autonomous machines or robotics
- Bachelor's degree in a related field - ME, EE, Mechatronics, etc.
- Hands on mechanical and electrical knowledge and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Strong desire to work in the field - often times a literal field and take a deep dive of technical problems with a lack of documentation.
- Experience with NPI (New Product Introduction) with a physical product at scale.
- Experience building, maintaining, and/or troubleshooting complex electro-mechanical systems including, but not limited to, robotics, antennas, PCBAs, actuators, GPS systems, industrial automation, etc.
- Experience using complex tools such as an oscilloscope, voltmeter, precision inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, etc), and/or software monitoring programs
- Experience with Linux command line tools, python scripting, ROS, etc.
- Developed novel diagnostic tools using high level scripting languages (ex: Python) that can be used at scale
- Experience working within an ERP system to assemble, test, and/or maintain electro-mechanical systems
- Experience defining predictive and preventative maintenance schedules for electro-mechanical or industrial automation equipment
- Experience with data visualization tools ex. Granfana, Tableau, PowerBi
- Experience with CAD and FEA software packages designing electro-mechanical hardware
- Experience with database querying using SQL, PostgreSQL, or similar
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Flexible paid time-off
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Field Service Engineer position has an expected minimum annual cash salary of $80,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.