Our Mission at Scythe
Supply Chain Manager at Scythe
Scythe is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to develop a robust supply chain to support the next chapter in Scythe's journey: ramping from dozens of units to tens of thousands. We've developed an industry-changing machine and have customers knocking down our door for units, so we're looking to scale our production quickly and get thousands of reliable autonomous machines out into the world where they can change how we take care of all our outdoor space.
You'll be directly responsible for leading the overall supply chain strategy at Scythe, growing and leading a team of supply chain professionals that supports our aggressive production targets. You'll be expected to work closely with our manufacturing teams, suppliers, and customers to ensure we are managing the overall supply chain risk at appropriate levels and forecasting future ramp targets to our vendors. As a leader, you'll be in a unique position to grow your team and develop personnel to meet the needs of the organization as they evolve over time.
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Lead, manage, and grow a team of supply chain professionals to develop Scythe's overall supply chain strategy and internal processes.
- Own the business decisions for strategy, key performance metrics, and organizational goals by aligning multiple teams and/or leaders as necessary to establish the vision.
- Own supply chain processes: vendor performance management process, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), clear-to-build statuses, supplier development, vendor onboarding, etc.
- Drive projects that enable our supply chain to scale according to our production targets focusing on quality, delivery, and cost metrics. This includes team growth, strategic vendor onboarding, and managing key long term vendor relationships.
- Coach and mentor the organization on effective supply chain processes, understanding how to solve for the near term issues while strategizing for the longer term and leaning on your team to drive these efforts.
- Directly manage key vendor relationships including price/volume negotiations, strategic sourcing, vendor service agreements, and forecasting.
- Develop and lead new vendor onboarding strategies to mitigate risk in the supply chain.
- Manage the supply schedule for raw materials and finished goods to optimize our clear-to-build story, ultimately enabling our production line to build at rate.
What you know well
- Scaling supply chain processes from development hardware to ongoing production by developing internal processes that support this growth.
- Vendor management processes including Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), First Article Inspections (FAI), vendor onboarding, Plan for Every Part (PFEP), etc.
- Managing a clear-to-build story that is communicated on a regular basis to the larger organization with experience managing tight vendor deadlines in a low-margin environment.
- Owning or contributing to a Sales and Operating Plan (S&OP) from the supply chain perspective.
- Managing a team of supply chain professionals including performance management, responsibilities, recruiting, and project/task delegation.
What you’ve maybe done
- Built a team of supply chain professionals including creating job descriptions, driving recruiting, conducting interviews, and making hiring decisions.
- Direct ownership for technical processes such as injection molding, die-casting, metal stamping, packaging, or similar and/or ownership of PCBA component sourcing strategies.
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL
- Flexible paid time-off that allows you to do your best work
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Supply Chain Manager position has an expected minimum annual cash salary of $110,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.