Our Mission at Scythe
Sales Development Executive at Scythe
Scythe is looking for a highly motivated & self-driven Sales Development Executive to join our growing sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to develop innovative strategies to achieve sales goals, shape the future of the landscaping industry, and make meaningful connections with our customers. As a Sales Development Executive you will be responsible for generating new business opportunities by owning the entire sales process for the customers you engage with. The activities vary widely and provide great opportunities for growth and deep customer engagement. Some of these include identifying leads, in person and remote outreach campaigns, cold calling, warm follow-ups, educating prospects on Scythe products, site visits, attending conferences and events, and robot demos.
In this position you will work closely with teammates from every area of Scythe to build industry interest in M.52 and tout our industry-changing products, while delivering customer insights back to the broader organization. The lessons you learn from customers will be instrumental in development efforts to ensure that we serve and delight our operating partners - landscapers.
We expect you to be broadly experienced and be able to “see around corners”, to thrive in fast-paced, self-managed, operational, and engineering environments, and to be a collaborative, low-ego teammate who helps Scythe realize its big mission.
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Generate, manage, and close new revenue-generating opportunities through outbound cold calling, inbound interest, and sales campaigns
- Network, build relationships with clients, develop and deliver sales pitches to share the value of Scythe's products
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products
- Contact and qualify inbound leads, complete needs assessment and lead client meetings
- Report on weekly/monthly/quarterly sales results
- Identify prospective customers, lead generation and client conversions
- Emphasize the features of Scythe products to highlight how they solve customer problems
- State-side travel is expected to happen 30% of the time
- Travel activities include but aren't limited to:
- In person demos and visits at customer locations and job-sites
- Team activities like off-sites
- Conferences and other industry events
- Travel activities include but aren't limited to:
What you know well
- Sales or business development specifically for landscaping or other outdoor work companies
- Business development and sales efforts to leadership members of companies ranging from $5M - $500M in annual revenue
- Excellent phone presence that easily connects to potential customers
- Customer service skills to listen to the concerns of a customer and be able to address their needs
- Interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people each day, build relationships and network
- Confidence and strong self-assuredness to succeed in cold-calling customers, walking them through the entire sales cycle and closing the deal
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially persuasion, to clearly convey the benefits of the product to potential customers and drive sales
- Industry trends, sales and marketing strategies and consumer psychology
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills to quickly answer customers’ questions and solve their potential issues with the Scythe product
- Using a CRM to track engagements (we use HubSpot)
What you’ve maybe done
- Managed a book of business generating more than $1 million in commercial sales revenue
- Attended various conferences or seminars to highlight product features and to build connections with more potential clients
- Consultative sales in automation/robotics, landscaping, and/or the outdoor power equipment industry
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL
- Flexible paid time-off and remote work to let you do your best work where and when you want
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Sales Development Executive position has an expected minimum annual cash salary of $75,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.