Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on creating best-in-class in vivo therapies that permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen CRISPR by Design™ platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine.
We are seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for a CNS Biology Scientist to join our team and advance our platform. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. Additionally, the candidate would bring deep knowledge of neurobiology and upstream R&D processes for advanced therapeutic modalities in the CNS space.
The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals.
- Build and lead a 2-3 member CNS Biology team, where the remit is to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other teams at Scribe to execute on the early stage discovery research pipeline for internal and partnered assets in the CNS space.
- Represent the CNS Biology team and Scribe’s efforts in this space to internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively collaborate with members within a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- 10+ years of relevant experience, and at least 5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record leading a successful team on CNS-related therapeutic discovery projects.
- Ability to succinctly present critical decision making data to a broad audience of internal or external stakeholders in fast-paced cross-functional research projects.
- Experience working on fast-paced drug discovery projects with industry partners
- Experience mentoring and directing a team of scientists, and driving cross functional team effort
- Building and executing on a target product profile for advanced therapeutic modalities for CNS disorders
- Deep knowledge of in vitro and in vivo disease models of CNS disorders
- Demonstrated quantitative and scientific thinker as evidenced by a strong publication record
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team
Preferred Skills and Background:
- PhD in Neuroscience, Bioengineering, or equivalent
- Familiarity with CRISPR technologies and therapeutic approaches
- AAV Biology and knowledge of AAV based therapeutic administration in the CNS
- Knowledge of generating an IND-enabling package in the CNS space
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Visit us at www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.