Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on creating best-in-class in vivo therapies that permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen CRISPR by Design™ platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine.
We are seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for an experienced Research Project Manager to join our Program Management team to support our Platform and Discovery research operations to advance our platform and expanding pipeline.
The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The candidate will partner with project leads to create project plans, coordinate critical activities internally and externally, track project progress, budget and timelines. In addition, the candidate will be responsible to implement new quality systems and processes to improve operational efficiency and compliance. This role will be highly interactive with stakeholders across the organization and will ensure timely communication of project information to senior leaders.
The candidate will have opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to get hands-on experience in various phases of development.
If you are seeking a role to wear multiple hats, to be involved in cutting-edge science, and to drive changes to make things happen, this position is for you!
- Work with project lead(s) to develop platform and discovery project plans, timelines, budgets and resource requirements.
- Actively manage the execution of the project plan with team members, including internal and external discovery and preclinical activities, to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget.
- Work with Business Development and Alliance Management to support external partnerships, including but not limited to drafting work plans, reports, aligning internal activities to partners’ activities, creating timelines and ensuring team deliverables to partners.
- Drive improvement in Quality systems and processes within Research. Responsible for initiating and implementing new processes or revising existing processes to improve operational efficiency and compliance.
- Organize and facilitate cross-functional project team meetings to track progress, identify/resolve issues and drive decisions.
- Create and maintain project documentation including agenda, minutes, action items, dashboards, goals and milestones.
- Ensure proactive communication of project progress and risks to senior management on a regular basis.
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science.
Required Skills and Background:
- Have a strong scientific background, minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in the Sciences (advanced degree preferred; PMP Certification is a plus)
- Have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 4 years of project management experience in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry
- Have a strong understanding of drug discovery and preclinical development
- Have working knowledge of Quality requirements in preclinical research
- Demonstrate a track record of being a fast learner and adapt to put learning into actions
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills. Be able to distill the right amount of information and present the right level of detail to various audiences
- Be persistent, organized, proficient and strive for excellence
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- MS/PhD in molecular biology, or related field
- Familiarity with CRISPR technologies and therapeutic approaches is a plus
- Previous experience in startup companies
- Knowledge of project management tools and dashboards
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Visit us at www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.