Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us as Scientist or Principal Scientist leading the genotoxicity assessment team to help us develop the safest and most effective CRISPR-based therapeutics. This role requires expertise in molecular biology, tissue culture, genomics, and next-generation sequencing methods development and data analysis. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in assessing the off-target effects of genome editing and a scientific background in DNA repair pathways.
The candidate will have opportunity for professional growth in a fast-paced biotech start-up, which includes leadership roles of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer-reviewed journals.
- Work closely with Scribe’s teams to develop novel assays and apply existing ones to assess the potential off-target editing effects of therapeutic molecules across a range of enzymes, targets, and delivery systems
- Ensure high quality data generation through proper assay validation and qualification
- Set up rigorous QC processes
- Collaborate across pre-clinical therapeutic groups in the company and externally to drive rapid advancement of new targets and molecules
- Assume project responsibilities and effectively present updates, and communicate research plans and timelines to the senior leadership team internally and partners externally
- Critically evaluate experiment data and communicate scientific findings as verbal presentations and written reports
- Mentor junior team members
Scientific and Leadership expectations:
- Seamlessly interface and coordinate with other teams at Scribe to accomplish common goals
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required skills and background:
- PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, genetics, bioengineering or related field. A postdoc and/or 1+ years industry experience is a plus
- Experience with a range of assay development in next-generation sequencing techniques, including both library preparation and data analysis
- Depth of experience with mammalian tissue culture techniques
- Experience in Python programming, unix command line, version control systems (e.g. git), bioinformatic and computational biology toolkits applied to NGS analysis
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
Preferred skills and background:
- Experience with CRISPR-Cas gene editing systems and delivery technology
- Background in DNA repair/DNA damage response pathways
- Familiarity with current methods of on-target, off-target editing assessment
- Track record of methods development and innovation
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Scribe provides an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced biomedical research environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Scribe is an early-stage biotech startup developing the next generation of CRISPR systems to treat the underlying cause of genetic diseases. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine.