Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of therapeutic molecules. The current role is for a Director with deep expertise in nanoparticle delivery. The successful candidate will oversee the identification of novel LNP formulations and their validation in pre-clinical models.
The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes leadership roles of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer-reviewed journals.
- Lead the design and execution of experiments to validate and optimize LNPs identified by various LNP screening technologies
- Collaborate with various pre-clinical groups at Beam to support advancement of LNP products
- Ensure high quality data generation throughout the process through real-time control tracking/charting and proper assay validation and qualification.
- Work with Automation, Computational Sciences, Chemistry, and other colleagues to validate and implement LNPs
- Critically evaluate study data to shape scientific strategy
- Communicate scientific findings internally and externally in the form of verbal presentations and written reports
- Mentor junior scientists
Scientific and Leadership expectations:
- Seamlessly interface and coordinate with other teams at Scribe to accomplish common goals
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- PhD. in chemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, or related field with 10+ years experience with nanoparticle formulations.
- Prior experience with oligonucleotide delivery and/or LNP technologies is preferable.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity and drive as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals
- Track record of independence and leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Scribe provides an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Scribe is an early-stage biotech startup developing the next generation of CRISPR systems to treat the underlying cause of genetic diseases. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine.