Our mission is to engineer best-in-class CRISPR therapies that will permanently treat the underlying cause of disease in vivo. Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s technology leverages highly engineered CRISPR enzymes that provide combined aspects of greater efficacy, specificity and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology.
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a pro-active, motivated and detail-oriented Executive Assistant to support our leadership team. This role will play an integral part in the day-to-day operations with opportunities to work on other projects as we continue to grow. As Executive Assistant, you will provide support by managing complex schedules, assisting with travel arrangements, expense management, maintaining agendas and meeting notes for key meetings (including presentations), and communicating internally and externally.
- Build a vital partnership with the executives to anticipate needs and provide high-level, tailored executive support.
- Manage schedules and executive priorities in an organized, efficient way. The ability to understand priority calls and meetings and communicate quickly and thoroughly in an ever-changing environment is key.
- Handle general administrative duties i.e. expense reports, booking travel, planning celebratory team events, etc.
- Coordinate internal and external department communications, including communications with external investors, analysts and reporters.
- Execute administrative activities, with precision, a high attention to detail, organization and process as well as the ability to juggle multiple deadlines at a time.
- Facilitate key staff meetings by structuring agendas, taking notes, and organizing work streams.
- Work closely with the hiring managers to coordinate onboarding for our new hires.
- Planning and coordinating onsite/offsite meetings, including large scale events.
Required Skills and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Proficient computer skills. Expertise with G-suite (Gmail, docs, spreadsheets, slides). Proficiency in commonly used software and technologies, such as video conferencing, and collaboration tools.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a fast-paced environment, supporting senior executives, strongly preferred
- Experience working in the biotechnology or life science field is a plus
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
- Strong work ethic with a positive “can do” attitude
- Exhibit excellent judgment and discretion to work with confidential information
- Thrives with owning one-off projects and seeing them through to fruition with minimal oversight
- Exceptional communication skills (written & verbal) with internal and external players, ability to communicate proactively, effectively, and clearly
- Team player that can easily handle changing priorities
- Solid organizational skills with a laser-focused eye for detail
- Highly proactive and resourceful
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to participate in the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on building best-in-class in vivo therapies to permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine. The company is backed by leading individual and institutional investors including Andreessen Horowitz. To learn more about Scribe’s mission to rewrite the story of disease, visit www.scribetx.com.