Our mission is to engineer best-in-class CRISPR therapies that will permanently treat the underlying cause of disease in vivo. Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s first technology, X-Editing (XE) molecules, are highly engineered CRISPR enzymes that provide combined aspects of greater efficacy, specificity and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology. As Scribe’s engineering core continues to evolve and expand, the company will utilize XE and additional technologies to address diseases of significant unmet need, starting with a pipeline of therapeutics for neurodegenerative disorders. Scribe has already announced a research collaboration with Biogen Inc. to develop and commercialize CRISPR-based therapies that address the underlying genetic causes of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us as a Director or VP of Program Management. This role will require expertise in Project Management and Team Leadership and will establish and lead the Program Management function at Scribe with ample opportunities for professional and personal growth in a rapidly advancing biotechnology company.
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, you will shape the governance and decision making process of our company driving pipeline advancement, expansion, and other projects.
- Partner with the CEO, CBO, and other members of the leadership team to develop, communicate, and execute a holistic R&D decision making and governance process.
- Serve as a Program Team Leader for early stage/pre-IND and eventually clinical stage drug development programs. Develop and issue timely meeting agendas and minutes, facilitate project team meetings and follow up on action items, ensure effective cross-functional communication and decision making to maintain alignment between key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide drug development and team leadership expertise, and apply program management best practices, to advance R&D programs in alignment with program strategies.
- Work with critical functions to define product strategy, goals, milestones, decision points, critical path, timelines, risks, assumptions, alternative scenarios, and budgets through effective utilization of key project management tools.
- Ensure that the team achieves and maintains a high level sustainable performance and that program activities are on track and aligned with broader development strategies, timelines, and regulatory requirements.
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders on the status, objectives, risks, and mitigation plans associated with R&D programs.
- Establish a close partnering relationship with functional area team members to ensure alignment and facilitate efficient program execution.
- Communicate efficiently across all levels of the organization and externally.
Required Skills and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, an advanced scientific degree (MS, MD or PhD) preferred
- 10+ years experience in biologic drug development, Project Management and/or Program Team Leadership functions across large and small biotech companies
- PMP (Project Management Professional) or other PM certification or equivalent a plus
- Experience in large/mid size companies as well as venture‐backed biotechs; comfortable with resource constraints and willing to do more with less
- Demonstrated expertise with leading cross-functional drug development teams and utilizing project management practices and tools.
- Strong collaboration, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to be a part of the future of medicine, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Scribe is an early-stage biotech startup developing the next generation of CRISPR systems to treat the underlying cause of genetic diseases. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine.