At Scribe, our mission is to engineer best-in-class CRISPR therapies that will permanently treat the underlying cause of disease in vivo. Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s technology leverages highly engineered CRISPR enzymes that provide combined aspects of greater efficacy, specificity and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology.
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us as a Scientific/Medical Writer. This role will require an expertise in scientific writing, with an emphasis in molecular biology and genetic engineering. Expertise in the clinical regulatory landscape is a plus. There will be ample opportunities for professional and personal growth in a rapidly advancing biotechnology company.
- Independently work with R&D staff to understand technical approaches and data outcomes
- Compile, write, and edit preclinical writing deliverables covering research methods and results for use in patent application examples and internal reports
- Perform validation of sequences incorporated into patent applications
- Assist in-house patent attorney in drafting of specifications and claim sets
- Review scientific and patent literature to monitor competitive landscape
- Perform patent key word and assignee searches to monitor competitive landscape
- Ensure smooth and effective document management from start to finish
- Effectively collaborate with members within a fully-integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines for generation of reports and on-time integration into patent applications, as well as provide recommendations on experimental design and experiments to be performed to support patent applications
- Interact with outside counsel for patent drafting and prosecution
- Effectively present updates, and communicate research plans and timelines to the senior leadership team
Required Skills and Background:
- MS, or doctorate in molecular biology; specialization in CRISPR technology preferred
- 1-3+ years in law firm
- Demonstrated experience in patent and claim drafting
- Strong leadership, planning, and project management skills, along with initiative and ability to be productive with minimal supervision and minimal administrative support
- Ability to interpret and present research data and other complex information
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational abilities and experience in a multitasking environment; ability to prioritize
- Dedication to quality and reliability
- Extensive knowledge of English grammar with a familiarity with a standard style guide
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or equivalent products, including manipulation of graphs and figures
- Proficiency with statistical methods a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you!
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on building best-in-class in vivo therapies to permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine. The company is backed by leading individual and institutional investors including Andreessen Horowitz. To learn more about Scribe’s mission to rewrite the story of disease, visit www.scribetx.com.