Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for an Eye Scientist to join our Therapeutic Discovery team and advance our platform. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The ideal candidate should have long-term expertise in ophthalmology and genetic disorders of the eye.
The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals.
- Work with a small, 2-3 person focused team to devise therapeutic strategy, and execute all aspects of early stage research and discovery on therapeutic targets in the eye.
- Develop, validate, and execute assays in vitro and in vivo.
- Creatively design and apply existing and novel delivery strategies for eye-specific therapeutic targets of interest.
- Efficiently communicate results to team members verbally and in writing.
- Effectively collaborate with members within a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines.
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- At least 5 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of hands-on experience in developing therapeutic strategies for ophthalmic diseases.
- PhD in Bioengineering, Biology, or equivalent.
- Outstanding knowledge of Retinal Biology and Physiology of the Eye
- Knowledge of inherited genetic diseases of the eye
- Knowledge of common techniques, molecular biology, virology, eye-specific in vitro and in vivo disease modeling, and therapeutic delivery to the eye.
- Ability to rapidly learn, develop, optimize, validate, and execute novel assays.
- A strong work ethic, a steadfast commitment to discovery research and a documented ability to initiate, drive and complete research projects, as evidenced by a strong publication record.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently and productively in a dynamic, scientifically rigorous, and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and documentation skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, and critical problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Knowledge of preclinical development for ophthalmic diseases.
- Familiarity with CRISPR technologies and therapeutic approaches
- Familiarity with protein or RNA structure and engineering approaches
- Knowledge of high-throughput arrayed screening systems e.g., NGS, flow cytometry, high-content imaging.
- Experience in designing and implementing viral or non-viral modalities for delivery to the eye.
- Project management of early-stage therapeutic research projects.
Please note that this is a bench-heavy position, not a management role.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.