At Scribe, we are driven to change the world: do, be, engineer the impossible. Together, we will rewrite the story of disease.
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. We are looking for a Neuromuscular Scientist to join our team and advance our platform. The chosen candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. Additionally, the individual would bring expertise in developing therapeutic strategies in Neuromuscular diseases.
The Neuromuscular Scientist will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals.
- Work with a small 2-3 member, highly-focused team to develop and execute genome editing therapeutic strategies to address the underlying causes of neuromuscular disease.
- Design and execute all aspects of an early-stage research program on neuromuscular disease.
- Develop, validate, and execute assays in vitro and in vivo.
- Creatively design and apply existing and novel delivery strategies for muscle-specific therapeutic targets of interest.
- Efficiently communicate results to team members verbally and in writing.
- Effectively collaborate with members within a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines.
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science.
Required Education, Skills and Background:
- At least 5 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of hands-on experience developing therapeutic strategies in neuromuscular diseases.
- PhD in Biology, Bioengineering, or equivalent.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Outstanding knowledge of Neuromuscular disease biology.
- Knowledge of therapeutic discovery workflows in neuromuscular diseases, and muscle-specific in vitro and in vivo disease models.
- High level of proficiency with common hands-on techniques in molecular biology, virology, muscle-specific in vitro and in vivo disease modeling, and therapeutic delivery to the muscle.
- Ability to rapidly learn, develop, optimize, validate, and execute novel assays.
- A strong work ethic, steadfast commitment to discovery research and a documented ability to initiate, drive and complete research projects, as well as demonstrated quantitative and scientific thinker as evidenced by a strong publication record.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently and productively in a dynamic and scientifically rigorous environment.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, and critical problem-solving and analytical skills
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Knowledge of preclinical development for Neuromuscular diseases.
- Familiarity with CRISPR technologies and therapeutic approaches.
- Familiarity with NGS tools, and knowledge of pre-clinical development workflows.
- Knowledge of high-throughput arrayed screening systems e.g., NGS, flow cytometry, high-content imaging.
- Experience in designing and implementing viral or non-viral modalities for delivery to the muscle.
- Project management of early-stage therapeutic research projects.