Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s first technology, X-Editing (XE) molecules, are highly engineered CRISPR enzymes that provide combined aspects of greater efficacy, specificity and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology. While Scribe’s engineering core continues to evolve and expand, the company is simultaneously addressing diseases of significant unmet need.
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for a CNS Scientist to join our Discovery team and advance our platform. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The ideal candidate should have long-term expertise in studying inherited disorders in the CNS.
The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals.
- Work with a small, 2-3 person focused team to to develop and execute genome editing therapeutic strategies to address the underlying causes of CNS disorders.
- Develop, validate, and execute assays in vitro and in vivo.
- Creatively design and apply existing and novel delivery strategies for CNS-specific therapeutic targets of interest.
- Efficiently communicate results to team members verbally and in writing.
- Effectively collaborate with members within a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines.
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science.
Required Skills and Background:
- At least 5 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of hands-on experience in developing therapeutic strategies for CNS disorders.
- PhD in Bioengineering, Biology, or equivalent.
- Outstanding knowledge of inherited CNS disorders.
- Knowledge of therapeutic discovery workflows in the CNS, and CNS-specific in vitro and in vivo disease models.
- High level of proficiency with common hands-on techniques in molecular biology, virology, CNS-specific in vitro and in vivo disease modeling, and therapeutic delivery to the CNS.
- Ability to rapidly learn, develop, optimize, validate, and execute novel assays.
- A strong work ethic, a steadfast commitment to discovery research and a documented ability to initiate, drive and complete research projects, as evidenced by a strong publication record.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently and productively in a dynamic, scientifically rigorous, and fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, and critical problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Knowledge of preclinical development for CNS disorders.
- Familiarity with CRISPR technologies and therapeutic approaches
- Familiarity with protein or RNA structure and engineering approaches
- Knowledge of high-throughput arrayed screening systems e.g., NGS, flow cytometry, high-content imaging.
- Experience in designing and implementing viral or non-viral modalities for delivery to the CNS.
- Project management of early-stage therapeutic research projects.
Please note that this is a bench-heavy position, not a management role.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on building best-in-class in vivo therapies to permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine. The company is backed by leading individual and institutional investors including Andreessen Horowitz. To learn more about Scribe’s mission to rewrite the story of disease, visit www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.