Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s first technology, X-Editing (XE) molecules, are highly engineered CRISPR enzymes that provide combined aspects of greater efficacy, specificity and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology. While Scribe’s engineering core continues to evolve and expand, the company is simultaneously addressing diseases of significant unmet need.
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for a Scientist to join our Discovery team and advance our platform. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The ideal candidate should have long-term expertise in a broad range of biological and chemical assays.
The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals.
- Work with a small, 2-3 person focused team to devise therapeutic strategy, and execute all aspects of early stage research and discovery on selected therapeutic targets.
- Develop, validate, and execute assays in vitro and in vivo.
- Creatively design and apply existing and novel delivery strategies for organ-specific therapeutic targets of interest.
- Provide strategy and execution support to other programs, as needed.
- Effectively collaborate with members within a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines.
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- At least 5 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of hands-on experience in assay development, validation, and execution.
- Ability to rapidly learn, develop, optimize, validate, and execute novel assays.
- High level of proficiency in common molecular cell biology, and mammalian tissue culture techniques and assays, including involving primary human cells.
- Demonstrated quantitative and scientific thinker as evidenced by a strong publication record.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- PhD in Bioengineering, Biology, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with CRISPR technologies and therapeutic approaches
- Familiarity with protein or RNA structure and engineering approaches
- Knowledge of high-throughput arrayed screening systems e.g., NGS, flow cytometry, high-content imaging.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple, dynamic projects.
Please note this is a bench-heavy position, not a management role.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on building best-in-class in vivo therapies to permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine. The company is backed by leading individual and institutional investors including Andreessen Horowitz. To learn more about Scribe’s mission to rewrite the story of disease, visit www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.