At Scribe, we are driven to change the world: do, be, engineer the impossible. Together, we will rewrite the story of disease.
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of therapeutic molecules. We are looking for a Scientist with deep expertise in Next Generation Sequencing. The chosen incumbent will continually advance our technical sequencing capacity, including novel methods for library prep, possess experience with multiple sequencing platforms (Illumina, PacBio, Etc.), and have familiarity with automation and bioinformatics. The individual will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities.
- Implement protocols and develop novel methods for NGS library preparation for diverse applications
- Oversee operation, trouble-shooting and maintenance of next-generation sequencers
- Adaptation of new cutting-edge single-cell genomics and transcriptomic technologies towards clinically relevant questions and developing these techniques towards optimized and standardized methods.
- Seamlessly interface and coordinate with other teams at Scribe to accomplish common goals.
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Education, Skills and Background:
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing techniques is a must, with experience in single-cell RNA-seq methods (e.g. Smartseq2, 10X) highly preferred.
- Familiarity with computational biology tools, and experience working with computational biologists to solve problems. Experience with single-cell computational biology methods is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity and drive as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you!