Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s first technology, X-Editing (XE) molecules, are highly engineered CRISPR enzymes that provide combined aspects of greater efficacy, specificity and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology. While Scribe’s engineering core continues to evolve and expand, the company is simultaneously addressing diseases of significant unmet need.
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of therapeutic molecules. The current role is for a Scientist with deep expertise in immuno-oncology, cell therapy, immunology, molecular biology, single cell analysis, assay development, and mammalian cell biology who will join our discovery team. The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals.
An individual would take responsibility for a subset of the following:
- Conduct immunology related research across multiple therapeutic programs
- Characterize immune response to CRISPR therapeutic modalities in animal models
- Immune-stealth engineering
- Follow-through on individual targets, including CRISPR-mediated target dissection, and downstream effects on disease-relevant cells.
- Develop gene-editing tools to manipulate immune cells ex vivo: cell therapy, immuno oncology
- Maintaining primary immune cells
- Carryout guide screening programs to identify therapeutic targets in various kinds of immune cells
- In collaboration with Computational Scientists, execute single-cell genomic and transcriptomic experiments, with a focus on analysis of target-specific transcript levels.
- Adaptation of new cutting-edge single cell genomics and transcriptomic technologies towards clinically relevant questions and developing these techniques towards optimized and standardized methods.
- Work closely with Contract Research Labs and Collaborators
Scientific and Leadership expectations:
- Design and execute hypothesis-driven, properly controlled studies, analyze data with rigorous statistics, and write up publication quality reports.
- Effectively present updates, and communicate research plans and timelines to the senior leadership team.
- Seamlessly interface and coordinate with other teams at Scribe to accomplish common goals.
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- PhD in immunology, molecular biology, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of translational immunology research
- Ability to leverage genetic (e.g. CRISPR) and other methods to interrogate target biology.
- Advanced expertise in the latest molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity and drive as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on building best-in-class in vivo therapies to permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine. The company is backed by leading individual and institutional investors including Andreessen Horowitz. To learn more about Scribe’s mission to rewrite the story of disease, visit www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.