AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings, with the Android platform providing a significant part of that growth. The digital marketplace offers listings products for used and new cars to dealers and private sellers, inspiring people’s best car-owning decisions. In Germany, AutoScout24 enjoys a unique aided brand awareness of 95 percent within its target group. AutoScout24 is part of Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces dedicated to the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, please visit: http://www.autoscout24.com
What we need from you:
- Recruit and hire talented engineers and ensure they get up to speed.
- Maintain our Android apps and grow their user base
- Work with other engineering teams to align and propose technical solutions for cross-cutting problems.
- Participate in architectural discussions, regularly propose and discuss solutions to a system or product.
- Work with product owners and challenge them in product initiatives and strategy.
- Be aware of work status, remove blockages and ensure the people are doing the most important work.
- Provide both technical and personal guidance to your engineers.
- Continuously improve the apps your team develops with a lean product development mindset.
- Willingness to write professional articles, blog posts, speak at conferences and/or organize meetups.
What we need you to bring:
You are as enthusiastic about building teams as you are about building new products. You believe teams get satisfaction from the measurable results of solutions to difficult problems. To be great at this role you:
- Are an engineer at heart with several years experience developing Android apps with Java or Kotlin
- Have a product development background and experience in building user facing products
- Have a deep understanding of Continuous Integration & Delivery.
- Have at least two years experience leading multi-disciplinary and multi-culture teams
- Prefer to prove your ideas by trying them and measuring their impact. You accept failure is part of that process.
- Are a strong technical mentor. You’ll lead your team by example.
- Are fluent in English, German is a plus
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online.