Scout24 operates leading digital marketplaces in Germany and other selected European countries. ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24 are the main operations under the Scout24 brand. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. With our digital marketplaces, we are inspiring people’s best decisions. Our purpose is to connect people with cars and homes. More than 1,000 employees in Germany and across Europe work on offering value to our consumers and customers. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
Data Landscape Engineer (m/f)
Munich, Full Time
This is a key role within our Data & Analytics team and gives you the opportunity to build a world-class Data Landscape for Scout24. This is ideal for someone with strong focus on cloud-based data technologies, good service and DataOps orientation, and loves to build data-driven business. You will be involved in working with huge amount of data, cutting-edge technologies and working with some of the most influential and impactful data projects in Germany. Help us shaping and steering data drivenness within Scout24 by utilizing the transformative power of data technology.
What we need from you:
- Implement and maintain a company-wide data lake and data platform with Python or Scala and based on Amazon Web Services.
- Provide self-developed tools and advice for data ingestion, storing, processing and analyzing Big Data.
- Model and develop resilient and performant data architectures and data processes based on Hadoop (Amazon EMR) or server-less infrastructure (AWS Lambda).
- Demonstrated affinity for coaching and consulting in an agile and data-driven company environment.
- Living Agile: Frequent development cycles, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, DataOps.
- Strong desire to learn about new trends and technologies.
What we need you to bring:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Math or in a comparative field
- 2+ years work experience
- Business-proven and hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, Kafka)
- Experience in Python, Scala, R or SQL
- Know-how of Linux, Shell, and DevOps tools
- Solid experience in data modelling, resilient engineering
- You collaborate in diverse and visionary teams and settings.
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with complex software systems, MicroService architectures, MicroStrategy and in real-time processing.
- Practice in Clean Code, Test Driven Development or Pair Programming
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to email@example.com.